Outstanding private primaries

Beach_Bum_Forever

Hi folks,

This is my first post here so howdy and please be gentle!

I, the missus, our daughter and 4 cats are decided to give Sydney a proper go next year and we're looking at the neighbourhoods to live in. Before our baby girl was around to delay our plans, we had our eyes set on North Sydney (anything from Manly to Palm Beach).

Can anyone here recommend an outstanding private primary with an early age prep programme in the area (might consider south Sydney as well but currently put off by the airport)? We tried looking online and came up short or only came across sites that seemed to benefit from recommending schools.

Thanks,

Adrian

P.S. I am aware there are other factors to consider such as price, commuting time, etc. that would prolly be a minus considering the above, but for now these are secondary to (driving) proximity to an outstanding/ good school & living in walking distance to a decent beach

• Like 1

I don’t live over that way but try and have a search on this site:

http://www.privateschoolsdirectory.com.au/sydney-schools.php

Getting into private primary schools is usually pretty easy if you can pay, especially for girls. High school is where it gets competitive

I wouldn’t worry about aircraft noise that much in “south Sydney”, which I’m interpreting based on the coastal desire to mean what we would call the “eastern suburbs” - the coast from Watson’s Bay down to La Perouse. The runways at KSA are NNW/SSE and the planes come in over the Inner West (particularly Marrickville and Leichhardt) one way, and Kurnell the other

Budget will be a major consideration for all coastal suburbs: all are quite expensive and some very expensive. Commutes can be OK from some coastal places, it’s pretty good from Bondi/Coogee/Maroubra for example, and on the north side Manly & Freshwater. Commuting gets pretty ordinary further up the northern beaches, though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, MrsH said:

Hello @Beach_Bum_Forever how did you get on with good primary schools in a suburb within walking distance to the beach? Would love to hear as we'll be looking at the same soon for either northern beaches or eastern suburbs... thanks!

Any suburb within walking distance to those beaches is a very wealthy upper class suburb, so the schools are all likely to be in the top tier

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thank you @Grabri - it's tricky working it all out from a distance as we have kids both primary and secondary age so all feedback is helpful. We're aware we won't be able to get a look in at any primary school until we have a rental contract showing we're within catchment area. Makes it hard to convince the kids about how amazing their new school will be when we don't know the name of the school yet, but we know it will all work out when we're finally on the ground!