Where are the road direction signs?

Bundaberg

I've been living here a while now and I can't seem to understand how the direction signs are so badly done in Australia cities.  There are signs for some junctions but none for others.  And they are usually at the junction, this isn't helpful when the road is several lanes wide and at the opposite side of the junction there is a road sign.  But if there is a sign is it usually for the city centre  which can be pretty far away in an Australian city and doesn't really help when you are trying to find other suburbs, that are not the city.

Don't get me wrong some things are done pretty well, such as street names everywhere and easy to see.

1 hour ago, Yelverton said:

I've always thought the signs in Adelaide are excellent

Yup, I’ve always found them fine in Adelaide. Never had an issue. Well signed all over driving round, city or country roads.

Australians navigate by street names not place names, hence why you have seen lots of signs with street names on them.  There are signs around for place names but they are few and far between.  Learn which streets you need to be on and you will be fine.