..and much much more!

Bound4Tassie

What did you do in Tassie today?

On 20/06/2019 at 13:46, Toots said:

Quirky mailboxes are aplenty out in the countryside too.  😀

mailbox1.jpeg

mailbox2.jpg

mailbox3.jpg

I went to visit a friend in the little  town of Wilmot yesterday.  There are loads of quirky letter boxes in the area.  Many are similar to the following ones.

post box1.jpg

post box2.jpg

post box3.jpg

post box4.jpg

post box5.jpg

• Like 1

We're off to spend the day with friends in the little town of Penguin.

penguin1.jpg

• Like 1

Our good friends from NSW have moved into their house in Wynyard on the north west Tassie coast.  Husband and I  will see them tomorrow and celebrate their new home.

Wynyard in the background and the Inglis River very close to Wynyard.

wynyard.jpg

inglis river wynyard.jpg

Spent some time here earlier this morning.  https://www.bigearsanimalsanctuary.com/

We sponsored Sally the donkey.  The vet thinks she is over 30 years old going by the state of her teeth.  Donkeys can live to over 40.

sally.jpg

Edited by Toots
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Toots said:

Spent some time here earlier this morning.  https://www.bigearsanimalsanctuary.com/

We sponsored Sally the donkey.  The vet thinks she is over 30 years old going by the state of her teeth.  Donkeys can live to over 40.

sally.jpg

I wish I'd known about that sanctuary when we were in Launceston earlier this year. I'm currently on a flight to Hobart, pretty impressed with Virgin's inflight wi-fi 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drumbeat said:

I wish I'd known about that sanctuary when we were in Launceston earlier this year. I'm currently on a flight to Hobart, pretty impressed with Virgin's inflight wi-fi 

Hope you brought your winter woolies with you.  Maybe Hobart is warmer than here on the north west coast.  It's been cold here the past few days.  Enjoy your holiday!! 😀

Edited by Toots

Just now, Toots said:

Hope your brought your winter woolies with you.  Maybe Hobart is warmer than here on the north west coast.  It's been cold here the past few days.  Enjoy your holiday!! 😀

Thank you, I've packed for all possibilities 😄

• Congratulations 1

3 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

Thank you, I've packed for all possibilities 😄

Very wise too:  snow falling  half way down the mountain yesterday, warming up to 27 here in Hobart on Thursday.  Normal spring weather!  🙂

2 hours ago, Skani said:

Very wise too:  snow falling  half way down the mountain yesterday, warming up to 27 here in Hobart on Thursday.  Normal spring weather!  🙂

I'm staying in Kettering and while it's windy it's sunny and beautiful 😀

• Like 2

So happy to know there is a donkey sanctuary. I have subscribed to the one in uk and now almost back in aus will do the same now for aus. Hope i get to visit.

4 minutes ago, libbye said:

So happy to know there is a donkey sanctuary. I have subscribed to the one in uk and now almost back in aus will do the same now for aus. Hope i get to visit.

Big Ears Sanctuary is for ALL animals.  There are also geese, ducks and rescued battery hens.  

How are you Libby?

• Like 1

The weather in the Channel area is glorious this week. I've just arrived at an AirBnB in Blackman's Bay with a fabulous view of the water - bliss 😀

• Like 2

Just to settle an argument with the wife, would you guys say Tassie is better than NZ? She wants to retire in NZ after watching 800 words and seeing the NZ PM. I reckon Tassie would be closer to civilization.

• Like 1

What do you mean "closer to civilization"?     NZ is very civilised.   Or do you mean cheaper to fly elsewhere/overseas for holidays?

My (late) husband waxed lyrical about moving from Tassie to NZ after several motorbike tours there:  he loved their roads for motorcycling. 😀  It wasn't a real option at the time as he had both elderly parents still living here.   I'm not sure how I'd feel about living with the constant threat of earthquakes there.  Or even if it would be economically feasible now:  I believe NZ is tightening its laws about foreigners buying property (and even more expensive than Oz in some places).    

• Like 1

My nephew lives in Queenstown NZ.  My brother bought a house there for his retirement but sadly died before that happened.  I prefer the south Island though as Skani said earthquakes are a threat.  I also think the cost of living is higher than Australia.  It used to be VERY much more expensive than Australia but not so bad now.  

• Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 10:56, Toots said:

I went to visit a friend in the little  town of Wilmot yesterday.  There are loads of quirky letter boxes in the area.  Many are similar to the following ones.

post box1.jpg

post box2.jpg

post box3.jpg

post box4.jpg

post box5.jpg

I love the quirky mailboxes here! I was disappointed to have to put up a quick mitre 10 job when we moved in. I will vow to replace it with something more interesting! 

• Haha 1

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

Went to Deloraine and had a walk along the Meander river.  Waterfall in the Meander valley.

meander river.jpg

waterfall meander.jpg

• Like 1

We went for a drive to the dairy region of the Pyengana Valley.  It's 230 km from home.  Had lunch at the Pub In The Paddock which is literally in the middle of a field.

pub in the paddock.jpg

pub in the paddock2.jpg

• Like 1