You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Bound4Tassie

What did you do in Tassie today?

It's nice to go away but it's always lovely to get back home.

• Like 1

Waterfront Cafe Devonport. A BEAUTIFUL spot for a coffee,cake and round of mini golf with the kids. ?

20180421_153359.jpg

20180421_141821.jpg

• Like 1

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

Sister and I went to this place in Devonport for afternoon tea.  👍

grand.jpg

afternoon tea.jpg

• Like 2

Toots sent you a pm but can't find it now!  

Sister and I went for a really long walk this afternoon and ended up at this place for a cool drink and a slice of cake.  👍

cafe squire1.jpg

cafe squire2.jpg

Edited by Toots
  • Like 3

Disappointing but I won't now be coming to live in Tassie.  Change of circumstances .  Have enjoyed seeing all the photos and learning more about the place

I thought was going to be home.  C'est la vie.   bye everyone. xxx

12 hours ago, libbye said:

Disappointing but I won't now be coming to live in Tassie.  Change of circumstances .  Have enjoyed seeing all the photos and learning more about the place

Oh no, Libby!   I hope the change of plans is good news and not bad news.  Are you still coming to Australia?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

12 hours ago, libbye said:

I thought was going to be home.  C'est la vie.   bye everyone. xxx

Keep in touch Libby - does that mean you are staying in France or as Marisa asks are you going to Ballarat to be close to your daughter?

No I'm not coming at all.  I think I've made the right decision but was really looking forward to coming to Tas not so much Ballarat al;though

it would have been near my daughter. It's not a place I really favour but felt Tas was close enough for her to visit now and again.  However,

not to be so now onto the next phase of my life. The money I was having to spend to bring all my goods over will now contribute towards both girls coming 

to visit me this side of the world instead.  Am looking forward to that when I find somewhere to live!

Look after yourselves everyone and I'm sad I won't be meeting you.

42 minutes ago, libbye said:

No I'm not coming at all.  I think I've made the right decision but was really looking forward to coming to Tas not so much Ballarat al;though

it would have been near my daughter. It's not a place I really favour but felt Tas was close enough for her to visit now and again.  However,

not to be so now onto the next phase of my life. The money I was having to spend to bring all my goods over will now contribute towards both girls coming 

to visit me this side of the world instead.  Am looking forward to that when I find somewhere to live!

Look after yourselves everyone and I'm sad I won't be meeting you.

As long as you are comfortable with your decision, that's all that matter Libby.  

Very best wishes   xx

1 hour ago, libbye said:

No I'm not coming at all. 

So you are staying in France?   To be honest, I think that sounds like a wise decision.  You're established there and you know how everything works - plus you won't have the huge costs of moving to the other side of the world.   I understand the initial reaction of wanting to be close to your daughter, now you don't have your beloved partner by your side - but if you loved living in France before, then it would be a shame to leave it now. 

I did worry about you moving to Tasmania too - while It sounds close to Melbourne in theory, in practice I suspect your daughter would have travelled back and forth less often than you think.  So you might still have found yourself isolated.

Good luck with your move.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

It's funny you should say that.  Everyone has said the same thing but hadn't said anything before because they didn't want to influence me.

the person who caused my changed of mind has probably done me a favour as I too feel more comfortable with my decision.  I agree on reflection

although whilst in a retirement village it takes time to establish friendships and not so easy at 80.  I have some wonderful friends here nd although

my french is abysmal I manage.  Brexit could upset the apple cart but I could be long gone by the time they get their act together!

Thank you for your post.  Nice to have been in touch and I feel sure what you have written is correct.

• Like 2