What did you do in Tassie today?

Bound4Tassie

Thought it might be a fun thread to share what you do on a day to day basis and also give others an idea of somewhere to  visit  in Tassie? Post photos if you wish. Might be just walking the dog at your local beach or a weekend exploring some new corner of Tas. 

Today the kids caught their first waves at Ulverstone beach on their new body boards. They got a "Whoop" from a friendly local surfer which they loved !

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 

You've certainly chosen a very good place to live.   :)

I've heard that some people think it's far too cold to bathe in the sea in Tassie.  What a joke.  We've been swimming in the sea most days for weeks now.

Edited by Toots
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 

You've certainly chosen a very good place to live.   :)

I've heard that some people think it's far too cold to bathe in the sea in Tassie.  What a joke.  We've been swimming in the sea most days for weeks now.

This does surprise me, I shall go for a paddle next month and test it out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, libbye said:

Can you enjoy lovely walks in Tas ?  Obviously the beaches look fabulous for this but I was wondering if you have access to country walks through

open land and forests.  

I go walking A LOT.  You can walk wherever you like using common sense.  https://www.discovertasmania.com.au/what-to-do/outdoors-and-adventure/walking

Thank you for the link.  Well that answers my question doesn it!  Sounds fantastic and you don't have to travel far which is even better.  Not too hot either.

My daughter posts a lot of walks she does in Cairns but although it is beautiful and green would be far too hot for us oldies even though she and her husband

go out early morning.  They do look healthy though I have to say.  We're all a bit pale and insipid here at present.  Awaiting some very cold weather and although

where we are in the Morbihan we'll still cop low temps.  

• Like 1