simmo

The Official Weather Thread

I could not get warm yesterday so had my first fire … today sitting outside in shirt sleeves … 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bottie said:

I could not get warm yesterday so had my first fire … today sitting outside in shirt sleeves … 

It hasnt been that cold here yet, no fire (or reverse air con) needed at the moment but some evenings have been getting a little nippy.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

30 minutes ago, calNgary said:

It hasnt been that cold here yet, no fire (or reverse air con) needed at the moment but some evenings have been getting a little nippy.

Cal x

It's been cold here the last couple of days.  Tonight is really cold.  Clear starry night with a tiny new moon.  Log burner pumping out the heat.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2022 at 13:37, Bottie said:

Mad isnt it Bottie.   I was cold on Saturday, but yesterday we had Mother's Day lunch on the patio instead of indoors, and had to put the fan on as everyone was so hot!.    Dog of course had a swim to cool off!

• Like 2

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

It’s very wet and cold here on the supposed Sunny Coast, I’m rugged up in winter clothes and it’s only early May.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramot said:

It’s very wet and cold here on the supposed Sunny Coast, I’m rugged up in winter clothes and it’s only early May.

Beautiful sunny autumn day here.  No wind at all.  Very mild too.  The weather is very changeable this time of year.  Could be freezing cold tomorrow.

Yesterday a rainbow 🌈 was a welcome sight after early rain and even managed a walk in Mooloolaba by a rough sea. Today heavy rain again. It’s heartbreaking for those flooded yet again.

E663E666-8D12-4302-BD7B-D852D9DAD588.jpeg

AA3871EA-DC14-4700-A4C5-3513CD050538.jpeg

• Like 2

A bit of severe weather here tonight.  Time to batten down the hatches.  Howling wind and the rain is beating against the windows.  

Just been to rug up the horses and shut them in for the night.  

Yesterday morning, no froth, foam...or fish.

P1090411.thumb.JPG.232a1e606730ee2459cd81d6d85a117b.JPG

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bobj said:

Yesterday morning, no froth, foam...or fish.

P1090411.thumb.JPG.232a1e606730ee2459cd81d6d85a117b.JPG

Cheers, Bobj.

The sea is pretty rough here today Bob.  Surfers at the mouth of the river.  Some pretty good waves for them.

• Like 1

Not sure it’s ever going to stop raining ? It poured nonstop all day yesterday, last night and still pouring now. Haven’t seen any reports of flooding yet on the news, but areas must have been re impacted yet again, just awful

Weather report from the not Sunny Coast!!!

101BCADE-3491-48D5-A7AD-24B655C261FA.jpeg

• Like 1

@ramot we haven't had much rain at all but it's getting much colder now.  It was 3C when I was out and about yesterday morning.  Brrrr.  I really don't mind the cold but when we get a sharp wind off the mountains as well, I turn into a bit of a wuss.  Time to get out the gloves and wooly beanie.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Toots said:

@ramot we haven't had much rain at all but it's getting much colder now.  It was 3C when I was out and about yesterday morning.  Brrrr.  I really don't mind the cold but when we get a sharp wind off the mountains as well, I turn into a bit of a wuss.  Time to get out the gloves and wooly beanie.

We had that in Melbourne too yesterday. 3 degrees - really cold. But it was because there was no cloud at all. Cloud acts as a bit of a blanket and keeps the temperature up a bit. 

So yesterday, no cloud and very cold. But when the sun is up properly it turns into a lovely warm sunny day around lunch time.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

27 minutes ago, Parley said:

We had that in Melbourne too yesterday. 3 degrees - really cold. But it was because there was no cloud at all. Cloud acts as a bit of a blanket and keeps the temperature up a bit. 

So yesterday, no cloud and very cold. But when the sun is up properly it turns into a lovely warm sunny day around lunch time.

Sydney is soggy too.  Our son has gone to Canberra for the weekend to see friends and the weather there is a lot better than it is in Sydney.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Sydney is soggy too.  Our son has gone to Canberra for the weekend to see friends and the weather there is a lot better than it is in Sydney.

been a glorious few days in the ACT region, these are the days you put up with the cold winter nights for...dry with blue skies and warm sun.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Parley said:

My son sent me a screenshot of Melbourne being 4 degrees when he was out walking the dog yesterday morning.  That’s cold even for where I live.  

• Like 1

had really decent dry weather in Stratford last couple of months, really need some rain as the garden is suffering

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

12 hours ago, Toots said:

It usually is 

It's a rough old night out there!  Earlier today it was just dull, grey and dampish but the driving rain tonight is blowing in from the Bass Strait.  You can't call the weather here in Tasmania boring.  The last few days have been absolutely beautiful though.

• Like 1

First day of winter.  Sunny and 14C.  

Snow everywhere!  Amazing sights this morning and more on the way.