simmo

The Official Weather Thread

22 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Perth broke a 50 odd year record for October rainfall yesterday. Lovely today for our golf, bit of a cool wind now though. Nice for the weekend then rain forecast for early next week.

Still not settled down yet. Been a long wet winter.

I'd love to see it snow in Glasgow when cop26 is on.

Its been quite a dry Winter and a dry-ish Spring in the Sydney region with only the odd storm. We are being told that the outlook is still pointing towards a La Nina persisting until December. We need good rain by November to ward off bushfires.

Edited by Dusty Plains

Just had one of those rare storms where the rain was pouring over the pool, on the left of the house. but there was almost no rain a few feet away on the right. it had almost stopped in a straight line, I wish I had thought to take a photo in time.  There was a large black cloud overhead, obviously causing the rain, then immediately next to it a sharp division to completely blue sky, 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Its been quite a dry Winter and a dry-ish Spring in the Sydney region with only the odd storm. We are being told that the outlook is still pointing towards a La Nina persisting until December. We need good rain by November to ward off bushfires.

We have been in north west Tassie for nearly 8 years and this last winter has been the wettest.  At least all the dams are full.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Toots said:

We have been in north west Tassie for nearly 8 years and this last winter has been the wettest.  At least all the dams are full.

Same here 

Gawd blimey Mrs! It ain't arf got cold here❄️

Not great in Melbourne or Hobart either so I hear.

20211123_181311.jpg

16 hours ago, simmo said:

20211123_181311.jpg

This is why i prefer QLD ,its 23 degrees and 8.30 at night... Its wet though and expected to last the week.. 

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

16 hours ago, simmo said:

20211123_181311.jpg

It's 10 pm and still warm here.  Got the doors and windows open.

I don't know what it's like in Hobart but here today was warm and a bit humid which I don't like.  Anything over 21 or 22 I don't much care for.  Much prefer cooler weather hence I'm here and the heat lovers are in Qld and WA.

3 hours ago, Toots said:

I don't know what it's like in Hobart but here today was warm and a bit humid which I don't like.  Anything over 21 or 22 I don't much care for.  Much prefer cooler weather hence I'm here and the heat lovers are in Qld and WA.

It’s to range from 32 to 35 over the next few days in Perth so you’ll be glad you’re not here Toots. Late November heat tends to bring fly season which I hate, but most of them die off a few weeks later (mercifully). 

I enjoy the arrival of the 30+ days for summer, but by February I’ll be sick of the heat and craving cooler weather again. Mid to high 20s is the sweet spot I think.

• Like 2

:evilface_frowning_s

3.50 AM and a rather humid 26C in downtown Ball Bay. And hoping the mackerel fishing will be just as hot!

Cheers, Bobj.

Edited by Bobj
adding

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

3.50 AM and a rather humid 26C in downtown Ball Bay. And hoping the mackerel fishing will be just as hot!

Cheers, Bobj.

I wouldn't like that at all.

Hot weather overnight is unbearable. Being hot and humid when you are trying to sleep is awful. 

It is much better to sleep in a cold room.

• Like 4

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

52 minutes ago, Parley said:

Hot weather overnight is unbearable. Being hot and humid when you are trying to sleep is awful. 

I agree.  It’s currently 3 degrees here right now and my house is lovely and warm as my heatings on but the radiator in my bedroom is permanently turned off.  Hate a hot bedroom. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Parley said:

Air con is a marvellous thing, most supermarkets are set to 25 C in Australia, I believe…my air cons are set to 25 C and 27 C.

Cheers, Bobj.

On 24/11/2021 at 05:14, simmo said:

20211123_181311.jpg

Wherever that came from  was 10 days too late:  Hobart's overnight minimum was 15 yesterday. 😀

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Toots said:

Yes, same here yesterday - 24 and unusually humid for Hobart.  Hoping the warm weather forecast for next week will be drier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skani said:

Yes, same here yesterday - 24 and unusually humid for Hobart.  Hoping the warm weather forecast for next week will be drier.

It was fairly warm last night wasn't it?  At the moment there's not a cloud in the sky, very slight breeze and 21C   .............  supposed to reach 23 this afternoon.  That's hot enough for me.

• Like 1

Farrier did daughters horse this morning.  Had to laugh when he said “ I left Scotland to get away from this bloody weather’.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, simmo said:

Record rainfall in NSW I hear.

Yes rain and more rain , but we had more in 2014 ! 

On 25/11/2021 at 17:25, simmo said:

Record rainfall in NSW I hear.

Cats and dogs to start with, and then it has been raining pick handles ever since.

SEQ a bit wet this last week too with some areas having flash flooding.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

On 26/11/2021 at 00:27, Bulya said:

Farrier did daughters horse this morning.  Had to laugh when he said “ I left Scotland to get away from this bloody weather’.  

My daughter was driving to Glasgow for a wedding yesterday.  The A1 was nose to tail traffic doing under 50mph,  driving rain and sleet, the car rocked by very strong winds and she was forced to turn back at Scotch Corner.  Scotland was cut off!

19 minutes ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

My daughter was driving to Glasgow for a wedding yesterday.  The A1 was nose to tail traffic doing under 50mph,  driving rain and sleet, the car rocked by very strong winds and she was forced to turn back at Scotch Corner.  Scotland was cut off!

Haven’t lived there since the late 50’s but after hearing the news today on U.K power cuts it doesn’t surprise me 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

I have just spoken to my sister in Edinburgh.  That area was issued with a red warning.  The weather was pretty atrocious there yesterday.  

16 hours ago, Toots said:

I have just spoken to my sister in Edinburgh.  That area was issued with a red warning.  The weather was pretty atrocious there yesterday.  

Whenever I get nostalgic for Scotland I go to the BBC website and check the weather report for the West Coast of Scotland. That tends to dispel those feelings quite quickly.

• Like 3

:evilface_frowning_s