simmo

The Official Weather Thread

9 hours ago, simmo said:

Baking here.

Is it summer today!!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, simmo said:

Baking here.

Translation. It's 22 degrees in England.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

35 minutes ago, Parley said:

Was talking to my sister in law in Hertford (30 miles from London) and she said the weather is lovely.  Mid 20s for at least a week.  Don't forget to slip, slop slap @simmo.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, simmo said:

Baking here.

Looks like it's going to be a nice week in your part of the world.  Could do with some of that sun at the moment.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

13 hours ago, Parley said:

Without the bleedin flies Bruce!

17 hours ago, Parley said:

Honestly it’s really nice, about 24/25 degrees and no cloud.  I got sun burnt on a walk the other day.  Our local outdoor swimming pools have been packed. 

It's that time of year when UK and Perth temps equalise for the most part. There can be a run of warm days (3+) and then everyone's immediately over it despite having bemoaned the cold and rain for the previous 10 months 😂🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday and today were beautiful winter days.  Made the most of them as rain is forecast for tomorrow.  It was 21C in our back garden this afternoon (it's a suntrap) but much colder in the shade.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 11:21, HappyHeart said:

It's that time of year when UK and Perth temps equalise for the most part. There can be a run of warm days (3+) and then everyone's immediately over it despite having bemoaned the cold and rain for the previous 10 months 😂🙈

Played golf yesterday. Pretty wet, thought it was going to blow over but didn't. 

Comment to my son was it's like an English summers day.

Strange how the "world was on fire" last year when the Eastern States had those bad fires and now I thought the UN and Greta Funbags might be saying "the worlds flooded".

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Strange how the "world was on fire" last year when the Eastern States had those bad fires and now I thought the UN and Greta Funbags might be saying "the worlds flooded".

The planet's weather systems are always trying to equalize, so if there's an extreme at one end, there'll be an extreme at the other somewhere.  That's what climate change is all about. Very simple.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

7 hours ago, simmo said:

30° tomorrow

Is it humid too?

Drizzling here -  grey sky so a bit meh.  

3 hours ago, Toots said:

Is it humid too?

Drizzling here -  grey sky so a bit meh.  

It was on sunday because I was working outside and the sawdust was sticking to my sweating - ripped torso.    thunder storm warnings  today so that will clear the air.

• Haha 4

On 11/06/2021 at 04:21, HappyHeart said:

Not quite cupcake. https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/weather/weather-warning-exmouth-flooded-perth-battered-by-high-winds-and-heavy-rainfall-ng-b881896058z (maybe up north?)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, simmo said:

From that article Perth temperatures: Thursday: 21C; Friday 20C: Saturday 20C; Sunday 20C

London Temperatures are Thursday: 21C; Friday 15C: Saturday 19C; Sunday 21C

So looks pretty equal as Paul said.

• Like 1

Absolutely bucketing down!  19mm and plenty to come on the radar.  Making up for the last few years or more..

On 16/06/2021 at 10:30, Bulya said:

Absolutely bucketing down!  19mm and plenty to come on the radar.  Making up for the last few years or more..

warm rain?

10 hours ago, simmo said:

warm rain?

Cold rain.  It’s winter…

• Haha 1

It must have rained heavily during the night.  Big puddles everywhere this morning.  

Lovely day now though.  

Thick frost early this morning.  Not a cloud in the sky.  7C

Rain tank overflowing … heavy rain running like a stream down the drive … but it keeps the kangaroos away from the leaves on my roses bushes … 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 02:09, Toots said:

Thick frost early this morning.  Not a cloud in the sky.  7C

Love those days.

On 08/07/2021 at 05:01, Cup Final 1973 said:

6019F615-4126-46F5-B254-C8935D82C879.thumb.jpeg.acff39b0693c8ea59b0633900c7c2cf9.jpegWent shopping this evening and got marooned in Asda as the heavens opened 

Lovely July summers day in England.

I want it all, and I want it now.

6 hours ago, Parley said:

Lovely July summers day in England.

Warm rain though 😉