simmo

The Official Weather Thread

8 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

It’s quite chilly out there. A high of 2 degrees today and possible snow on Wednesday and Friday.  I’m off work this week so some snow would be lovely. I do love a walk in the snow.  

It was snowing in parts of Manchester yesterday. My friend put some photos on Facebook and was saying how it was just a few days late for a white xmas, her kids still had fun though.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

30C at midday yesterday then dropped to 15 by 6:00 pm.  Crazy weather!.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

30C at midday yesterday then dropped to 15 by 6:00 pm.  Crazy weather!.  

I like that weather. It means i can cool the house down naturally in the evening and save on air conditioning.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Supposed to be 39 again in Perth today. Hopefully the sea breeze will come through this arvo and cool things off. I was down the beach at 6:15 this morning and the car park was almost full. The youngster started work at the beachside cafe at 6:15 so I went to an early surf ski training session then a swim. 

Same again tomorrow I reckon, just swap the ski session to a paddle board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Supposed to be 39 again in Perth today. Hopefully the sea breeze will come through this arvo and cool things off. I was down the beach at 6:15 this morning and the car park was almost full. The youngster started work at the beachside cafe at 6:15 so I went to an early surf ski training session then a swim. 

Same again tomorrow I reckon, just swap the ski session to a paddle board.

I think you have won the lottery of life over there in WA.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Parley said:

I like that weather. It means i can cool the house down naturally in the evening and save on air conditioning.

Me too.  Best time here is august /sept when we get warm days and cooler nights.  Its also nice outdoors too as you are not chasing the shade around.

• Like 1

It looks as though summer has decided to return after a two month hiatus.  About bloody time!

• Like 1

Summer appears to have morphed into an early Autumn.  Very strange weather for the time of year..

5.7 to 27.7 today.  It’s mid January!

35.9 currently but a nice low 13% humidity.  Should be at Gibraltar Falls today but probably busy being a weekend..

• Like 1

Fog this morning on a day that reached nearly 38 degrees.  

Weather has been great in Perth recently. Low 30's today with a nice cooling sea breeze. Had a day playing golf a couple of weeks back when it was 43 degrees for the back 9. That was out at Wanneroo though, too hot to be comfortable.

Back at home about 10 degrees cooler.

15.7 to 38 today.  I walked several km’s to the mall and back and it was 36 by the time I got home.  Nice breeze and super low humidity 

• Congratulations 1

winter wonderland at the moment, more snow forecast today, minus 5 last night but clear blue sky this morning, the river avon looks spectacular this morning surrounded my frost and deep snow.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

On 25/01/2021 at 19:07, Perthbum said:

winter wonderland at the moment, more snow forecast today, minus 5 last night but clear blue sky this morning, the river avon looks spectacular this morning surrounded my frost and deep snow.

Remember last year when "the world was on fire" and people were saying they'd never have snow in winter in the UK again🤣

15 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Remember last year when "the world was on fire" and people were saying they'd never have snow in winter in the UK again🤣

No.  The east coast of Australia was on fire.  I don't remember anyone saying that meant no snow in the UK ever again.  🙄

47 minutes ago, Skani said:

No.  The east coast of Australia was on fire.  I don't remember anyone saying that meant no snow in the UK ever again.  🙄

You know that and so do I but it was the leader of the EU who said the world was on fire and perthbum, amongst other "experts" were saying the days of snowy, cold winters in the UK were over.

Nice day in Perth again. Mid to high 20's, bit of cloud around, sea breeze forecast later.

Edited by Paul1Perth

Hoping @Drumbeat is OK.  She lives in the Perth hills area and the bushfires there are pretty bad just now.  Very hot weather and winds aren't helping.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Toots said:

Hoping @Drumbeat is OK.  She lives in the Perth hills area and the bushfires there are pretty bad just now.  Very hot weather and winds aren't helping.  

We are safe here, thank you for thinking of  us ❤️. Unfortunately the fire is still out of control and moving south westerly, it's very smoky here now. Several houses have been lost, I feel for the residents.

• Like 3

Yes, I was also wondering if anyone had heard from Bottler.   I don't know exactly where she lives but I thought she built her house in the general area of the current fire.  Scary times!

• Like 1

56 homes gone.  And we’re still getting big rain, 28mm yesterday.  Very strange summer and another 50mm due Friday/Saturday.

1 hour ago, Drumbeat said:

We are safe here, thank you for thinking of  us ❤️. Unfortunately the fire is still out of control and moving south westerly, it's very smoky here now. Several houses have been lost, I feel for the residents.

Good to hear you are safe Drumbeat.  😀  Terrible for other people losing their property.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Yes, I was also wondering if anyone had heard from Bottler.   I don't know exactly where she lives but I thought she built her house in the general area of the current fire.  Scary times!

@Rossmoyne keeps in touch with Bottler I think.   Yes, hope she is safe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skani said:

@Skani 

Whilst Bottler is no longer a posting member of this site, she and I are personal friends, and she has asked me to thank you for your concern Skani and to let  you know that although she lives very close to this fire, it is burning away from her at present.   However I would just like to comment that the situation is dire, and all it takes is a change in wind direction.   I have friends who have had to evacuate because of this fire, and as 58 homes have now been lost, it is scary at where this is all going to end.   Bottler is fine though and is in constant contact with me and she knows that she can evacuate to my suburban house should she need to.  Bottler thanks you all for your concern.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

1 minute ago, Toots said:

@Rossmoyne keeps in touch with Bottler I think.   Yes, hope she is safe.

@Toots... I talked to Bottler just an hour ago... all well where she lives.  Her house is high on a hill and overlooks so much of the valley and she can see what is happening.   The winds have been so strong and blowing from the east.   Winds here now in suburban Perth are non existent, and we are all hoping that this is the same in the fire area so they can fight it and bring it under control.  I will keep you up to date about Bottler as she is a very dear friend and I am so worried about her safety right now.

• Like 7

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog: