Oz citizen with no Oz work experience question

Cegor

Hi Everyone,

My husband is Australian born but has lived in Canada all his life with the few vacation travels back to Oz (he has dual citizenship) and I'm Canadian. We have just lodged the 309/100 Partner visa. We are both in our late 40s. I'm sure this question has been asked many times over and I have searched the topic here but couldn't find anything related to our situation.

We debate on whether hubby should move ahead of me in trying to find employment or do we just take the plunge and go together once my visa comes with no jobs. Although he is Australian by birth he does not have any work experience in Australia. All his education and work experience has been in Canada. 

Being that cost of living is higher in Melbourne/Sydney we are hoping to move to Brisbane. Plus he has a some relatives there that can house us for a week or two while be look for a rental.

Sadly we don't have the option for him to take a leave from his work nor a transfer. We are hoping he can maybe connect with a few recruiters this coming March 2018 as he is planning on going to Australia for 3 weeks. I realize he won't find employment in that time frame but I'm hoping others can chime in on whether it is feasible for him to find employment even though he has no Australian experience. Yes, I realize most of you have moved with no Oz experience but I'm afraid that he will be at a disadvantage being that he does have the citizenship by birth. Am I making sense?

We don't have children so the move only affects us both. The finances is what I'm more concerned about. We do have savings but don't want to drain them in such a short time.

Can he find employment while still living in Canada? How much in demand are jobs in the management construction industry in Brisbane? Can we both find employment being that we are both in our late 40s? and lastly....will he find employment being that he has no Oz experience? Will he be discriminated being that he has the citizenship but not much knowledge of the Australian ways? does this make sense?....I may be over thinking this but I'm an accountant and tend to be picky about every detail.... :) 

thanks for reading!