New passport query

ShaunR6883

Hi guys

Myself and my family have been on 457 visa's for almost 3 years. Last year I had to get my son a new passport from the UK as his old one was due to run out.

We never informed the immigration department of the new passport as we assumed that the 457 visa details would transfer automatically.

In March this year I applied for 186 sponsored visa's and I put my son's new passport details in.

Have I done wrong in assuming that the 457 visa would automatically transfer onto the new one?

I am worried now as I'm not sure how I would go about changing this. I still have his old passport.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shaun

2 minutes ago, ShaunR6883 said:

Hi, thats great thanks for the info.

One question...I only created an Immi account when I applied for 186 visa's. The passport was already renewed for several months before. And I already submitted the new passport details?

Regards

Shaun 

They sent me a bridging visa for my son with his new passport details on, would this mean that everything has transferred over?

6 hours ago, ShaunR6883 said:

Hi guys

Myself and my family have been on 457 visa's for almost 3 years. Last year I had to get my son a new passport from the UK as his old one was due to run out.

We never informed the immigration department of the new passport as we assumed that the 457 visa details would transfer automatically.

In March this year I applied for 186 sponsored visa's and I put my son's new passport details in.

Have I done wrong in assuming that the 457 visa would automatically transfer onto the new one?

I am worried now as I'm not sure how I would go about changing this. I still have his old passport.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shaun

Yes dear plz upload on immi account with form 929.. it’s online.. jus sign that form with new passport details and upload to it .. u are all done !!

• Like 1