Buscopan

VERYSTORMY

I am hoping Bob from PetAir might give some advice on this. 

Our dog has been diagnosed with pancreatitis and prescribed buscopan by the vets (10 ml). When we pick it up, we have to sign to say we acknowledge it is human medicine. 

So, the question is, could we instead buy it from the chemists. They sell it in 10ml form at a fraction of the price the vets charge. Or is the one from the vets different in some way from the one from the chemists?

On 18/11/2017 at 20:11, VERYSTORMY said:

I am hoping Bob from PetAir might give some advice on this. 

Our dog has been diagnosed with pancreatitis and prescribed buscopan by the vets (10 ml). When we pick it up, we have to sign to say we acknowledge it is human medicine. 

So, the question is, could we instead buy it from the chemists. They sell it in 10ml form at a fraction of the price the vets charge. Or is the one from the vets different in some way from the one from the chemists?

I tried to buy saline solution for our Pei in the UK and make the mistake of telling the chemist assistant -they refused to sell me it as it was for a dog and they could not guarantee it ! Maybe buy some and check ingredients