Shoes

Lau

I'm planning a years working holiday in Australia and want to do lots of adventure and exploring. I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend which shoes would be best.

Should I get some comfy supportive sandals lile chacos or just take a pair of flip flops and trainers?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

TBH if doing farmwork or some serious walking I'd go Blundstones every time (and buy in Aus as they are easily available to buy). Or a good pair of hiking type boots. 

If you mean walking round cities, sightseeing and stuff, I guess trainers and sandals will be ok. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well if you are hiking or exploring, then something like this:

https://www.kathmandu.com.au/womens/footwear/boots-and-gaiters/tiber-women-s-ngx-leather-hiking-boots.html

I wore mine everywhere. Not just on walking tracks, but also to work and in the city (great for bar hopping!), goes well with both trousers, jeans, shorts, etc...

If you plan on going for interviews, or working in an office, then a nice smart pair of shoes will be needed.

Flip flops are good for the beach.

On 09/12/2017 at 23:31, FeralBeryl said:

Well if you are hiking or exploring, then something like this:

https://www.kathmandu.com.au/womens/footwear/boots-and-gaiters/tiber-women-s-ngx-leather-hiking-boots.html

I wore mine everywhere. Not just on walking tracks, but also to work and in the city (great for bar hopping!), goes well with both trousers, jeans, shorts, etc...

If you plan on going for interviews, or working in an office, then a nice smart pair of shoes will be needed.

Flip flops are good for the beach.

Thongs not flip flops