Australian Computer Society -RPL

Mfaahad

Hi Guyz

I have done BSIT and MSC in Computer Science along with 12 years of Experience. Applied in ACS. I got a reply from them that my qualifications are not suitable with AQF so advised to submit RPL and Additional 200AUD. I did and got a positive result. But from 12 years only 3.8 years experienced accepted. Now i am confused what to do. I am predicting that i got only 5 points for experience, 30 points of age, 5 points for states total 40 points. Please correct me if i am wrong. Please advice me what to do. To get 20 more points i need to score 8 in all 4 modules of IELTS or any other way is also there??

ACS report doesnt say about qualification. Only experience details are mentioned

I am just thinking what qualification have to be selected in EOI? Shuld i select MSC although it is not recognised?

Does RPL reports give some points? But no info is mentioned about RPL in acceptence letter?

Waiting for your kind advices

An RPL does not in itself count as a qualification for 10 or 15 points, so when calculating visa points for employment, then you will need to deduct the qualifying work experience as per ACS guidelines. Anything left over can be counted for points.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan

8 hours ago, AwdAmr said:

12 years of experience in what stream?

You'll have to meet the English language requirement so there is no alternative to an exam. 

When you do your EOI, you have to select your MSc as it has been assessed by ACS.

12 years experience as IT engineer. As per anzco i choosed. MSC and BSIT both not recognized hence i have provided RPL report. In the result letter from ACS there is no qualification mentioned. I think i can select Masters in EOI??

2 hours ago, Richard Gregan said:

An RPL does not in itself count as a qualification for 10 or 15 points, so when calculating visa points for employment, then you will need to deduct the qualifying work experience as per ACS guidelines. Anything left over can be counted for points.

Regards,

Richard

As per my Knowledge from 12 years of Experience only 3.8 years is accepted after submitting RPL which is 5 points...30 points for age...5 points for State...= 40 points. If i achieve 8 in IELTS then 20 more points = 60.

My confusion is what to write in EOI about qualification??

And if degree is not recognized but still i got suitablity letter from ACS i can apply in DIBP without any issues? After all process.

Hi There,

I recommend you purchase a CEP subscription to the country that issued your qualifications and see if your qualifications are listed and if so what their equivalence is to the AQF framework.  Depending on the outcome of that you know whether you can include the qualifications in your EOI.

I hope this helps.

Regards

I would suggest that you talk to a registered migration agent and see if they can help you through this part of the process. I had to do a similar RPL for my 189 visa last year and it was the most complex part of our application. Without an agent helping us I'm not sure we would have been able to put together a satisfactory application.