.......as long as the filtration system is in good working order they are fine

.......worst case if no rain you have to have some delivered

.........keep an eye on levels !

........bore water varies

.........it does stain...

........often people only use it for washing/showers toilets

........some boil it and filter it

.........same thing applies get it tested for drinking before you do

.........many rely on these water supplies and as long as maintained and checked they are fine

.........though must admit the bore waters I’ve tried I don’t like the smell or taste 

• Like 1

We stayed in a place with a rain water tank three times.  On the occasion when the tank was full, the water was good.  On the occasion when the tank was empty, it tasted foul and was in short supply.  We had to get a tanker of water delivered.  We also stayed somewhere with river water, which was fine, albeit green-ish.  i think we drank bottled water.

• Like 1

Thank you so much guys. The house has a massive water tank 22,000 L which I presume is for drinking and the bore water sounds like is best used for irrigation. There is also a smaller water tank 5000L I think which feeds a detached granny bungalow. 

We love the house and the only issue was the water. I can live with a combination of filter system and bottled water.

i think the bore is about 50ft deep, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Metoo said:

Has anybody on here purchased a property which has it water supply from bore and rain tanks. 

Do you feel comfortable drinking bore water, and is it a hassle getting permits etc? 

Thanks in advance

Metoo 

We have rain water and bore -but we do not drink the bore water its for watering garden .orchard vinyard paddocks etc only

My son did not buy the bore permit it was $$$$$$ but can still use a lot of bore water 

We have 3 x 44,000.00 litre tanks for the bore to pump into -rainwater not sure of capacity of the main tank but we also have a secondary tank holds 22,000 litres

Edited by Patphillips47
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The last property we owned,in SE Queensland  had bore water and tank water,it's mostly brackish. (salty.) It kills plants. It was only useful for Weeds and Grass as i used to breed Goats And Watered the paddocks with it.Tank water is Ok if you don't mind drinking bird shit,and run off from dead rats and other mammals lying dead in the gutter.Then Frogs and snakes sometimes get into the tank.You need to boil All the water if you are desperate, and want to drink it. We never did we bought bottled water,Don't believe the Tales about it's good to drink. And i'm still here. Even the town water In Australia is dodgy. .It's full of all sorts of chemicals in it. And authorities haven't worked out what the right amount to put in the water capacity.of water/ Different areas taste and smell different.Many  people like us still drink bottled water, We still live Rural but a lucky and have Town Water and a 20,000 litre Rainwater tank that services the toilet and Laundry. It Keeps our Utility bill down, for water charges. very well,And of course what everyone should have solar panels for hot water and Air Cons.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Zack said:

The last property we owned,in SE Queensland  had bore water and tank water,it's mostly brackish. (salty.) It kills plants. It was only useful for Weeds and Grass as i used to breed Goats And Watered the paddocks with it.Tank water is Ok if you don't mind drinking bird shit,and run off from dead rats and other mammals lying dead in the gutter.Then Frogs and snakes sometimes get into the tank.You need to boil All the water if you are desperate, and want to drink it. We never did we bought bottled water,Don't believe the Tales about it's good to drink. And i'm still here. Even the town water In Australia is dodgy. .It's full of all sorts of chemicals in it. And authorities haven't worked out what the right amount to put in the water capacity.of water/ Different areas taste and smell different.Many  people like us still drink bottled water, We still live Rural but a lucky and have Town Water and a 20,000 litre Rainwater tank that services the toilet and Laundry. It Keeps our Utility bill down, for water charges. very well,And of course what everyone should have solar panels for hot water and Air Cons.

I'm confused :err:,, you said on another thread you have drank tank water for 35years?????????????

Cal x