looking for work Class 1 Driver

Laurentiu

i have 5 years experience at driving hgv class 1 in the uk, with a total of 20 years driving professionaly in the transport industy. Also i hold a current clean uk drivers licence what would the requirements be to able me to carry on my career as a profesional driver out in australia ?

3 hours ago, Laurentiu said:
i have 5 years experience at driving hgv class 1 in the uk, with a total of 20 years driving professionaly in the transport industy. Also i hold a current clean uk drivers licence what would the requirements be to able me to carry on my career as a profesional driver out in australia ?

This is for NSW - driving rules are governed by the states and territories.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/licence/driver/licence-classes.html

17 hours ago, Laurentiu said:

Do you already have a visa or were you hoping to get in as a driver?

47 minutes ago, calNgary said:

I know if you move here to live permenetly your HGV licence is not valid and you have to do some tests to gain the licence,only car and motorbike are transferable. Not sure if the same applies when on a WHV.

Where are you looking at going to ?

Cal x

With 20 years of professional driving surely he would be too old for a WHV?

Edited by Nemesis