300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

We've  chosen wedding dates but because the system is so strict on communication it's so difficult to speak to a human being. But alas now we are stuck with getting a wedding done asap before the visa expires in December this year.

5 hours ago, Nikisha said:

We've  chosen wedding dates but because the system is so strict on communication it's so difficult to speak to a human being. But alas now we are stuck with getting a wedding done asap before the visa expires in December this year.

That gives you 9 months, to get married and apply for the Spouse Visa itself. That's all you ever get, 9 months from the grant of the PMV. what were you expecting?

• Like 1

Coming back to my earlier slight concern, has anyone got any experience on how long it takes to get an emedical reference number through when putting in for it before a visa is submitted? I thought it would be instantaneous, or within 24 hours, but I submitted the emedical form (all 9 pages?!) a week ago and still haven't got back a ref number. Is that normal, or should I chase them up? Should I be concerned? :/

4 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Coming back to my earlier slight concern, has anyone got any experience on how long it takes to get an emedical reference number through when putting in for it before a visa is submitted? I thought it would be instantaneous, or within 24 hours, but I submitted the emedical form (all 9 pages?!) a week ago and still haven't got back a ref number. Is that normal, or should I chase them up? Should I be concerned? :/

We got ours almost straight away but had already lodged our visas and appointments were within a couple of weeks xx

7 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

For a partner visa (and then also things like the PMV) I always went out from they would contact you if there was a problem or issue or they needed something. Not hearing anything wasn't bad news. Everyones timelines are different and these days, given cases are being farmed out, I think it will vary still how people go. 

I'm in the don't worry about it camp. If you've done everything required and filled it all in and submitted, I don't see much to be done tbh. That you've not lodged for your actual visa yet could be why its taking a while. You can get the medical stuff sorted once you've lodged so not sure why you are holding off. 

9 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Got it immediately. Maybe check for an HAP ID number somewhere on your form. If you still don't locate it send an enquiry to the technical support team (if you did this online). They do take long to reply but they do reply.

On 4/9/2018 at 05:32, Nikisha said:

Got it immediately. Maybe check for an HAP ID number somewhere on your form. If you still don't locate it send an enquiry to the technical support team (if you did this online). They do take long to reply but they do reply.

Thanks, Nikisha. It was right there in front of my eyes - didn't register there option there on the menu in the left to submit the extra form on hospitals stays, medications etc. - soon as I did that it came up. d'oh!!!

With that, appointment in place for next monday at Knightsbridge Doctors.

15 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Thanks, Nikisha. It was right there in front of my eyes - didn't register there option there on the menu in the left to submit the extra form on hospitals stays, medications etc. - soon as I did that it came up. d'oh!!!

Brilliant. Glad to have been of some help

On 4/10/2018 at 13:09, HibiscusDreams said:

I was there for mine the other week, nice enough people there, all easy.

Ohhh and a heads up to those applying for a PMV the grant notice will be issued before the expiry of either yours (primary applicant) or the sponsors police clearance expires. Had a known this wedding planning would not be so rushed. If I knew this it would of been helpful.

Just thought to share this experience with you all 

Hi all

Anyone know if after been granted a PMV does one need to get married in Australia?

No you do not need to get married in oz. But you do need to ENTER Oz before the 9 months expiry date of the visa, in that 9 months you also need to get married somewhere, and lodge the application for the actual, Partner Visa. 

Ohhh and a heads up to those applying for a PMV the grant notice will be issued before the expiry of either yours (primary applicant) or the sponsors police clearance expires. Had a known this wedding planning would not be so rushed. If I knew this it would of been helpful.

Just thought to share this experience with you all 

The grant notice may not be issued before the police check expires. It almost certainly will, but does not have to be - if the police check expires they can ask you to get a new one. 

5 hours ago, Nemesis said:

No you do not need to get married in oz. But you do need to ENTER Oz before the 9 months expiry date of the visa, in that 9 months you also need to get married somewhere, and lodge the application for the actual, Partner Visa. 

And to expand on this, you need to enter Australia before you get married.  So you can't get married in your home country and then make your entry.

• 2 weeks later...

So, heads up to everyone and hoping ?everything is going well for you all. I really understand from experience how scary the process can be (not all of mine was straightforward my medical that was referred being one ?) but finally I can say it has been worth it all so far! I arrived here in Australia on Saturday no problem at the border and am settling in with my oh ? looking forward to our wedding. I'm viewing this as a bit of a break from all the form filling but am also mindful and already collecting evidence for the next stage. 

best wishes Spangle xx

6 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

So, heads up to everyone and hoping ?everything is going well for you all. I really understand from experience how scary the process can be (not all of mine was straightforward my medical that was referred being one ?) but finally I can say it has been worth it all so far! I arrived here in Australia on Saturday no problem at the border and am settling in with my oh ? looking forward to our wedding. I'm viewing this as a bit of a break from all the form filling but am also mindful and already collecting evidence for the next stage. 

best wishes Spangle xx

Congratulations spangle and best wishes for your wedding ❤️ Do let us know how you go on with the next stage , enjoy the break first tho xx

7 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

best wishes Spangle xx

Congratulations. Yes I too enjoyed the break. If you don't mind me asking how long after your granted are u planning to tie the knot? 

1 hour ago, Angelpie said:

Congratulations spangle and best wishes for your wedding ❤️ Do let us know how you go on with the next stage , enjoy the break first tho xx

Awww thanks hunni ☺ and will do..you too let us know how it goes it's always good to see peoples updates ☺ had a busy couple of days here getting formal stuff done; bank, driving licence etc while oh has been off work to ferry me around ☺ but having a break now xx 

10 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

best wishes Spangle xx

Awe, fantastic! You must be on top of the world (well, bottom of it, but you know what I mean!). So glad for you - take a moment to enjoy life and savour the moment - and your wedding ^_^

Also my news - had my medical yesterday at Knightsbridge Doctors in London. Lovely female doctor really did her best to put me at ease given the awkwardness of standing in an unfamiliar room with a complete stranger in nothing but your undies :) - All looking promising on that front, so onward and upward

14 minutes ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Also my news - had my medical yesterday at Knightsbridge Doctors in London. Lovely female doctor really did her best to put me at ease given the awkwardness of standing in an unfamiliar room with a complete stranger in nothing but your undies :) - All looking promising on that front, so onward and upward

Thanks Hibiscus Dreams ? good to hear your medical went well and fingers crossed ? your application progresses too xx 

4 hours ago, Nikisha said:

@spangle1 Wishing you all the best on your coming nuptials. Exciting times ahead.

? yes indeed did you get your wedding date sorted in the end?? It's really confusing (the dates for everything and run out times) isn't it? ? I'm already collecting evidence for the next part which I know we have to have done by October, which sounds like ages but with the wedding and everything else I think could seem to come around quite quickly! ☺xx