300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

If uve uploaded info and it's still within the 28days just hang in there. They sometimes come back to your application. If you don't mind me asking what did the request you provide more info off?

If it was a police clearance hold on to the hope they will try and grant you the grant before the 1 you originally submitted expires. 

6 hours ago, Nikisha said:

If uve uploaded info and it's still within the 28days just hang in there. They sometimes come back to your application. If you don't mind me asking what did the request you provide more info off?

If it was a police clearance hold on to the hope they will try and grant you the grant before the 1 you originally submitted expires. 

They asked for an accro certificate as apparently dbs isn’t accepted - something my Mara agent should have known. And they asked me to bring my NOIM forward

That’s it ! I’ve done both... now just waiting again 🙄 we brought the date forward to October... not sure what happens if we haven’t heard from them by then..

3 hours ago, Nikisha said:

@Invicala Stupid question but as you've used a MARA should they not have direct contact or an easier way to contact immigration with your concerns.

They just said that the CO will know you’ve uploaded evidence because apparently there’s a button on immi that once you press you’ve submitted all that was asked, apparently sends them a notification... 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 2 months later...

Just saying hi to all ....... I am from England, my partner is in Australia Perth.

We started the process (evidence gathering etc ) Sept 18, all in Jan 19, would of been soon but as I have read in others threads, Friends dragging their feet on statements.

My dog Jeannie Departs  11 Sept 19  - Booked ahead and hoping we get an answer soon, most expensive part of this process lol

House sold this end (England) - Mar 19

Notice handed in at work -  Aug 19 ...... now packing as just some bits being sent by ship once we get the Visa Granted.

I plan to fly 20 Sep 19

Wedding planned for  - Nov 19 

My learning.

1. Good idea to send medical / Police certs, 2 months after initial lodgement.

2. When you ask for Statements off Friends/ Family, give them a must complete by date,  a timeline  of the interaction they have had with your partner.

and set clear expectation, this was the most frustrating part for me.

3. If you require a Police check from a different country ( I lived in Germany for a short while) Start this as soon as you lodge, it cost me around £250 as had to get certified and interpreted and they are not quick to respond. That was the only evidence my Agent had requested from my CO.

Good luck all 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Hallelujah, My wife 309 visa granted yesterday

After nerve breaking patience of 22 months got visa granted

DOL: October 17, 2017

Medicals and PCCs  front loaded 

First Generic email:18 October 2017

Interview::last week  20th August 2019 thru video conference interview

New medical  and PCC request: 23 August 2019

Visa granted: 28 August, 2019 (Both subclass 309 and 100 granted together)

Visa granted 8 days after interview.

Application was lodged without agent. 

My very best wishes for every one. Happy to answer any questions. 

spouse and sponsor from Nigeria

• Congratulations 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

This post is for one of my friend, need your advise Visa application subclass 300.

This week my friend has lodged a application 309 (Partner visa) but unfortunately One of the question was wrongly answered and visa subclass changed to 300.

on the same day he uploaded the withdraw and refund form  in application in the same immi account.

Could you please give an advise on what to do in this situation, how quick he can get refund or any other way possible.

also provide any point of contact from immigration department that can be reached.

He has to lodge another application urgently but   it will be a huge loss if both applications refused or refund not received.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there my name is Damian, and my fiancé and I are about to start about PMV application.  I am have an issue as I am based in Dubai and he is in Brazil?  Do you think this will impact on our application as I am not in Australia?

Do you think we have enough evidence so far to start our application?

We have compiled all our joint evidence in .pdf and .doc files:

• History and evidence of our relationship - photos and statements from meeting up until present day
  • Evidence of Travel (bookings, e-tickets, accommodations, boarding passes)
  • Joint travel photos of 2018 and 2019
  • Joint social evidence - photos and social event evidence, friends, parties, getaways
  • Nature of commitment - evidence of proposal, rings, relationship certificate, stable union
  • Evidence of joint bank accounts in Australia - and how we financially support each other
  • Do I need to be in Australia when we proceed with this application, or will it make no difference if I am still in Dubai awaiting the outcome? I am particularly concerned that the Case Officer will find this unfavourable and also if Freddie is in Brazil.
  • We have registered our relationship in South Australia, and performed a stable Union (similar to registering a relationship) in Brazil - will this help as evidence?
  • Freddie is adopted, and only has his mother on his birth certificate.  Does she count as his only parent?  Or can he include his adopted (unofficial) father.  Freddie also has blood siblings, but they are not his “legal” siblings.  Do we include them?
  • Form 888s.  I have two from my parents.  Can witnesses in Brazil use these, or do they make a separate statement?  Should they be officially certified and translate them?  Can we translate them and have them witnessed?  They say they require 2, but the more the better?
  • Do all documents that are evidence need to be certified?  Or only official documents?
  • Do we need to apply for a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) before the application? Can this be done later on in the application or at the Case Officers request?
  • Does the same apply to the police certificate and medical?  Should Freddie wait until asked or do ASAP?  Translated and certified?
  • Is there anything in particular we should not forget to mention in the statements in the four pillars of the relationship, Financial Aspects, Commitment, Development, Social, etc.
  • I don’t believe we require an interpreter, although Freddie has a good command of English - is it acceptable for me to oversee and correct the application for him from his point of view?

We can prove in timeline format of when we have visited each other.

Work trips to Brazil:
Work trip 1  -  26-30 April 2018. 
Work trip 2  -  19-23 October 2018.  Freddie accompanied me to Buenos Aires.
Work trip 3  -  25-29 November 2018. 
Work trip 4 - 6-8 March 2019 - (São Paulo) Freddie accompanied me from Dubai
Work trip 5  - 11-16 May 2019
Work trip 6 - 4-11 June 2019
Work trip 7 - December 2019 (future schedule)
Work trip 8 - January 2020 (future schedule)

Damian’s leisure trips to Brazil:
1-7 July 2018
22-28 February 2019 - Freddie came back to Dubai with me 
23-31 May 2019

Freddie’s leisure trips to Dubai:
12-24 November 2018 - Freddie went via Madrid, Spain and I managed to change my work schedule met him there.  I also sent 24 hours with him again in Madrid on his way back to Brazil.
28 February - 6 March 2019 - Freddie came back to Dubai with me.
23 March - 14 April 2019
8-22 September 2019
October 2019 (future travel pans)

Thank you for your advice!

Dee