Tasmania state nomination received

Sagga

Hi, 

Can some one please advise. I have received Tasmania state nomination and now I m in process of filling form 80, 1221 and PCC. The visa fee for married couple is AUD 5500 which is a lot of money in indian currency.

I need to know what are the chances of getting visa now, I hope doors are open now as biggest obstruction of state nomination is there, of course I don't have any criminal background.

Is the further pathway is clear to get visa or is it still a long way?

How much time does it take to get visa once all the necessary forms are submitted?

Your chances of getting a visa will depend on whether you legitimately qualify.  If you have the evidence to back up your claimed points, and if you pass the health and character checks, then you should have nothing to worry about.

As far as I know, visas take 3-6 months to be processed, although DIBP never guarantees their processing times.

I just paid my $5500 last night. :SSo hopeully the ball is rolling. 

I just hope that I can apply for jobs through my bridging visa since it can take up to 3-6 months as I've seen jobs in Tas that fill my skill and I'm more than qualified for. 

My bridging visa has no work restrictions. 

Im so glad it' all coming together now. 

Hi, 
Can some one please advise. I have received Tasmania state nomination and now I m in process of filling form 80, 1221 and PCC. The visa fee for married couple is AUD 5500 which is a lot of money in indian currency.
I need to know what are the chances of getting visa now, I hope doors are open now as biggest obstruction of state nomination is there, of course I don't have any criminal background.
Is the further pathway is clear to get visa or is it still a long way?
How much time does it take to get visa once all the necessary forms are submitted?

How many years of experience do you have and what is your occupation??

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 14:06, Sagga said:

7 years of experience and occupation is restaurant manager

That is good experience. I would say getting a job in Tasmania will be extremely hard. But having hospitality experience is a very good head start. You will need a RSA (Responsible Serving of Alcohol) Certificate.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

My wife currently schools in Sydney, Australia while I live abroad (I'm the main applicant). We are keen on applying to Tasmania under the 489 programme for overseas applicants (Category 3A). 

One of the conditions for application states

(1) "you, or any of your dependents have not lived in another Australian state or territory within the last twelve months"

In another section, the Tasmnian Government gave consideration for the main applicant to (2) "attach a letter explaining if they will be joined in Tasmania by family member upon nomination."

Please I would like to take advantage of (2) above. Please any one with useful tips on how to present my case for positive outcome 'OR' are my on a wild goose chase?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 14:55, usaid arshad said:

hi sagga,

I also had CO contact yesterday, and they asked for CV and recent photograph  

Hello Usaid. any update on your visa status? 

How long it took you to receive state nomination? I applied for state nomination (190, overseas applicant Job offer catagory) on June 11 but have not had any contact of any sort.

• Congratulations 1