register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Bouch

Plastering TRA assesment

Hey All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with trying to get a skills assessment in plastering by completing a fast track NVQ level 3 course, i have all the experience required apart from the qualifications! Is a Fast track NVQ course a possibility?

Thanks

Jess

Can’t help with your question but Only post qualification experience is counted as far as I’m aware 

Correct. An NVQ awarded now is useless, unless you want to wait three years until you have the required 3 years' post qualification work experience.

Your only skilled option is to do an AQF 3 in plastering, undertaken by an AQF provider. With an AQF Australian qualification , you are able to count pre-qualification work experience.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Gregan Registered Migration Agent 9905168, MIA 880

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

Direct telephone 0131 625 6900

Richard@my-oe.com

Hi Jess

My other half completed the fast track NVQ in a day last year and received a successful TRA assessment with all 10 years previous experience counted but he also completed an old CITB qualification years ago so it was hard to tell whether they accepted his old qualification or the NVQ. 

If you need any advice just pm, will be happy to help

?

13 hours ago, Monks said:

Hi Jess

My other half completed the fast track NVQ in a day last year and received a successful TRA assessment with all 10 years previous experience counted but he also completed an old CITB qualification years ago so it was hard to tell whether they accepted his old qualification or the NVQ. 

If you need any advice just pm, will be happy to help

?

Monks, I can assure you that this outcome could only have come from the CITB qualification, as TRA's guidelines on this matter are clear.

Richard Gregan Registered Migration Agent 9905168, MIA 880

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

Direct telephone 0131 625 6900

Richard@my-oe.com