work experience or point test advice for 186 Visa

Mana

Hello Everyone,

I do appreciate if you help me

I am going to apply for 186 Visa as I have a job offer from the company I am working with for 2 years. I have sent my document to Vetassess and they replied:

The number of years assessed positively: 2 years  (under points test advice) and 1 year of my experience was used to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the occupation. My question is that for 186 Visa, I have 3 years experiences as required for this type of visa or I have only 2 years and that 1 year doesn't count?

Vetassess skills Assessments are geared towards the points tested visas (subclass 189/190, etc.) and they therefore base their assessments on the rules for those visas. 

As such the occupation assessment of the Skills assessment can be used for the Direct Entry 186 but the employment section is not always useful or relevant.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 04:35, Raul Senise said:

Vetassess skills Assessments are geared towards the points tested visas (subclass 189/190, etc.) and they therefore base their assessments on the rules for those visas. 

As such the occupation assessment of the Skills assessment can be used for the Direct Entry 186 but the employment section is not always useful or relevant.

Many thanks for your response. Do you say the experiences Vetassess did not accept, It would be acceptable for Visa 186 under the name of the same occupation?

13 hours ago, Mana said:

Do you say the experiences Vetassess did not accept, It would be acceptable for Visa 186 under the name of the same occupation?

No, I did not say that at all.

My point is that the employment experience part of the skills assessment is judged under different criteria than that required for 186 Direct entry. 

As such, each situation needs to be judged against it's own merits.

• 3 years later...