Engineer Watchkeeper

Stephen Musa

Can anyone please guide me on how to get invitation for AMSA CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY ORAL EXAM PREPARETORY FOR ENGINEER WATCHKEEPER.

I am now in the Philippines, i am about to complete my 12 months seatime as Engine cadet. 

I plan to take my COC in Australia. 

I hold Nigerian passport and Philippines seaman's book. 

Thank you very much for your guide. 

If you are planning to do your CoC in Australia you would likely need to complete some studies in Australia, so perhaps contact the Australian Maritime College in Launceston for further advice on that. Post qualification you can obtain a Certificate of Recognition through examination and supporting evidence. 

Incidentally, as verystormy points out, the occupation is no longer on the skilled occupation list, so skilled migration on the basis of your qualifications would not be possible at the present time. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much captain. 

Am actually interested only in the coc not the certificate of recognition. Plan to take the short review (prep)  and take the Amsa oral for the coc. So possibly the visa i need might likely be tourist visa. Since my stay will not be morethan two months. 

Thank you for all the support and responses. I do appreciate. 

Kindly add any futher guide for me please. 

20 hours ago, Stephen Musa said:

Thank you very much captain. 

Am actually interested only in the coc not the certificate of recognition. Plan to take the short review (prep)  and take the Amsa oral for the coc. So possibly the visa i need might likely be tourist visa. Since my stay will not be morethan two months. 

Thank you for all the support and responses. I do appreciate. 

Kindly add any futher guide for me please. 

As I said Stephen, you won't be able to take a full CoC oral examination unless you enrol on a complete course at the Australian Maritime College. This is the same for most countries in fact, they won't let you sit a CoC examination unless you have completed the prerequisite studies in the country. 
  AMSA won't even accept overseas STCW courses for an initial CoC. 

Edited by CaptainR
  • Like 1