Certified documents, post office

SUPERSTARDJ01

Hi,

So I found the below, is it ok to use the post office for certifying documents?

Bring into the Post Office[emoji768] your original identity documents and a clear and legible photocopy of each of the original documentsyou would like to have certified. Then simply complete the details on the form and pay the £7.15* fee.

We used a solicitor. Paid a £30 fee or so for all the documents. 

I honestly don't know if the PO certifying is acceptable for immigration purposes. I don't recall it being so when I applied and people used a solicitor or some such generally then. 

FWIW, these days most people seem to upload full colour scans of their documents direct to their imi account and don't need to get them certified. Its only the black and white ones that seem to need it these days. Perhaps check and see if this is still correct? 

5 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Hi,

So I found the below, is it ok to use the post office for certifying documents?

Bring into the Post Officeemoji768.png your original identity documents and a clear and legible photocopy of each of the original documentsyou would like to have certified. Then simply complete the details on the form and pay the £7.15* fee.

I used Australia Post here in Sydney when I needed to inform immigration of my new uk passport for my current visa and It was accepted. 

Immigration generally accept colour scans of originals, but some skills assessment authorities still require certified copies.

You can't use the post office to certify documents outside of Australia. Stick to a solicitor, JP, or, depending on what it's for, a Registered Migration Agent.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan