sc333

Do I need UK PCC for work in Australia

I am immigrating to Australia from UK by the end of this month. And am a RN by profession. Do I or my husband need a UK police clearance certificate to work in Australia? I have seen in some websites that they need an current National Police Check. Our PCCs for PR application have expired. 

You will probably need to get a working with children check when you get an employer as a nurse.  

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

5 hours ago, sc333 said:

I am immigrating to Australia from UK by the end of this month. And am a RN by profession. Do I or my husband need a UK police clearance certificate to work in Australia? I have seen in some websites that they need an current National Police Check. Our PCCs for PR application have expired. 

When you register with AHPRA they will carry out a Fit To Work check, which will include the UK. The individual health authority/department may also request one, varies from place to place.

The individual state may also want one as part of the Working With Children checks, which again vary from place to place, check the site for the state you are heading to.

Thanks for the replies. 

I am already registered with AHPRA.
So some health authority/ department might request Police Checks.If I have understood your correctly it would be forth while in getting  UK Police Clearance Certificates before landing in Australia