39th anniversary of first arrival in Australia, 3/11/1978 in Freemantle

MARYROSE02

8 minutes ago, Toots said:

I don't really live in the past as such but by gum I do have some fantastic memories of carefree, happy teenage years, and adventurous 20s.  As you say PV the music was so much better but I suppose each generation thinks that.

I think a lot of the present generation know they are being short changed, if they admit it or not. So much of the music now foe example view while in gym, appears to be product enhancement. A slightly 'edgy' look with a Jaguar car, or clothes definitely not ready to wear purchases, or hairstyles costing big bucks. Nothing much subversive. No wonder why narcissism is so rampant and reality means on line and grounding increasingly fragile and mental anguish so prominent and materialism so captivating ...... 

9 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

I think a lot of the present generation know they are being short changed, if they admit it or not. So much of the music now foe example view while in gym, appears to be product enhancement. A slightly 'edgy' look with a Jaguar car, or clothes definitely not ready to wear purchases, or hairstyles costing big bucks. Nothing much subversive. No wonder why narcissism is so rampant and reality means on line and grounding increasingly fragile and mental anguish so prominent and materialism so captivating ...... 

The members of this band are good friends of my younger son.  Nothing too flash about them and I bet David (the lead singer) never goes to a barber.  :P

I rely on young guys to push me to new or newer bands. I love Beatles, Stones, Creedence but I also like the Strokes one of the few bands I'd love to see live (and Rammstein though I'm not metal fan).

I also don't want to become boring old bloke who starts talking about "In my day,,,,,,zzzzzz."