Wife pregnant during VISA Process

thepassionate

Hi,

I have a problem here.
I am currently in the EOI queue with 65 points.
Recently, I got 79+ in PTE and waiting to update it in EOI , so my score will turn to 75.
But, my wife is pregnant now.
I have questions like,
1. Is this the right time to update EOI, because I might get invite soon
2. If I proceed, file VISA, my wife can't produce her health certificate, so how long can I hold the VISA process ?
3. Or should I wait for 2-3 months, update my EOI and proceed for VISA as I might hold the VISA process for a shorter period.

Experts plz guide?

If you are invited, you can still lodge the application, but it will be held in abeyance until your wife can complete medicals, which will be after the child is born. You will also need to add the child before the application is finalised. Overall you will be looking at a delay of approximately 12 months.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

If you are invited, you can still lodge the application, but it will be held in abeyance until your wife can complete medicals, which will be after the child is born. You will also need to add the child before the application is finalised. Overall you will be looking at a delay of approximately 12 months.

Out of interest, what would happen if your job was removed from the skills list during this time? Would your application still be honoured or would you receive a refund? 

1 hour ago, DukeNinja said:

Just my two cents, it's not guaranteed that your application will be put on hold until bub is born. They might grant you the visa, but then you'll have to do a 101 for the baby. I speak from personal experience.

I believe that your case would have been different and assume that medicals were done before the child was born. They would not have approved a Permanent Residency application if the Medicals for all applicants had not been cleared.

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

I believe that your case would have been different and assume that medicals were done before the child was born. They would not have approved a Permanent Residency application if the Medicals for all applicants had not been cleared.

Very true. Medicals were done apart from pregnant wife's X-Ray.

13 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Very true. Medicals were done apart from pregnant wife's X-Ray.

Sorry, I am not getting you. How did you get VISA granted without submitting Wife's Xray when she is pregnant?

I heard from people here that Wife's medicals can be avoided due to pregnancy and just proceed with the VISA. Once CO demands then answer him/her that "My wife is pregnant" and would require time to submit her medicals. Followingly, CO will put the VISA process on hold until Wife's medicals are uploaded.

Kindly help me if I misunderstood.

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

I believe the same. @DukeNinja can you please clarify as you have a personal experience?

8 minutes ago, thepassionate said:

Sorry, I am not getting you. How did you get VISA granted without submitting Wife's Xray when she is pregnant?

I heard from people here that Wife's medicals can be avoided due to pregnancy and just proceed with the VISA. Once CO demands then answer him/her that "My wife is pregnant" and would require time to submit her medicals. Followingly, CO will put the VISA process on hold until Wife's medicals are uploaded.

No, you haven't misunderstood. The above is correct. We did the medicals apart from the imaging part, and I contacted my CO, with a supporting letter from GP confirming pregnancy, and EDD, this requesting a delay on the processing until it was safe for wife to have xray after birth. They went ahead and granted the visa nevertheless, and apparently this can happen for people from "low risk" countries.

8 minutes ago, thepassionate said:

No, you haven't misunderstood. The above is correct. We did the medicals apart from the imaging part, and I contacted my CO, with a supporting letter from GP confirming pregnancy, and EDD, this requesting a delay on the processing until it was safe for wife to have xray after birth. They went ahead and granted the visa nevertheless, and apparently this can happen for people from "low risk" countries.

21 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Thanks a lot. I am getting you now. It is because of the "low risk" countries clause.

I am from India, I think it is mandatory.