Fly to Australia in 25 Days and declined visa for my partner

JPA

Help please if you can 

mY partner myself and our two young children are traveling I 25 Days to Australia because a friend of ours is getting married it’s nearly killed us affording it and now I’m worried because Paul has been declindex his visa for a drink driving conviction in 2009 I’m so so worried :( he’s travel and worked in Australia In The past and wasn’t declinde then but now he has been and I feel sick with worry that he won’t be able to sort it out in time 

please can someone help me or offer some advice? 

Jo x

6 minutes ago, JPA said:

its been approved turns out the company who told him it had been declined hadn’t even submitted the request, he did it himself of and got a visa the next morning!! 

Thanks

That’s good news. Tbh I’m surprised he used a company to apply for him for a tourist visa. So easy to apply yourself online.

2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Remember to disclose any past offences on the landing card on arrival in Australia.

Best regards.

11 hours ago, snifter said:

That’s good news. Tbh I’m surprised he used a company to apply for him for a tourist visa. So easy to apply yourself online.

It’s all been disclosed but it was so long ago they aren’t interested and he applied for his police record kinda thing and it’s not on there it’s totslly clear because it’s passed x 

Guest The Pom Queen

That's great news you can relax now and enjoy your time in Australia. Like others have said make sure you declare it on the landing card as they do check.

4 hours ago, JPA said:

It’s all been disclosed but it was so long ago they aren’t interested and he applied for his police record kinda thing and it’s not on there it’s totslly clear because it’s passed x 

He will always need to declare it when dealing with any immigration and visa issues, even if its old and no longer appears on his police check.

Bit concerning that a company would tell him ts declined when they did not even apply though. Was it a travel agent or a migration agency?

Edited by Nemesis

7 hours ago, JPA said:

As others have said, past convictions must be disclosed on entry to Australia, whether or not they are spent from the UK perspective.

Best regards.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:12, JPA said:

If you applied for a police clearance for migrating purposes it would come up as no live trace. There are different types of police clearance.