Toots

5 hours ago, Bobj said:

😂😂😂

4AM and 28C here...A big cloud over our area all night and no rain.

Cheers, Bobj.

I'll put my hand up to being a total wuss during humid weather.  Hate it!!!

I've reached the stage now where I'm looking forward to autumn.  It's supposed to reach 26C in Devonport today.  I've already been for a long walk - seen to the horses - done a bit in the garden and been shopping.  I won't go for another walk until the evening.   I'm off to the movies and lunch with a friend soon.  Air conditioning thrown in.  😄

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Toots said:

I'll put my hand up to being a total wuss during humid weather.  Hate it!!!

I've reached the stage now where I'm looking forward to autumn.  It's supposed to reach 26C in Devonport today.  I've already been for a long walk - seen to the horses - done a bit in the garden and been shopping.  I won't go for another walk until the evening.   I'm off to the movies and lunch with a friend soon.  Air conditioning thrown in.  😄

A few weeks and we’ll be back to looking after a horse.  We moved a cupboard to the new place on Sunday, and I’m still feeling it.   I’ll be doing a lot less this time around, just not up to it now 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bulya said:

A few weeks and we’ll be back to looking after a horse.  We moved a cupboard to the new place on Sunday, and I’m still feeling it.   I’ll be doing a lot less this time around, just not up to it now 

Just hang in there, bully.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2017 at 04:52, Nemesis said:

why? 34 degrees is a nightmare, used to hate it. Give me those low temps any time. 

That 's about my perfect temp for WA. Brilliant for a few hours at the beach, swimming, ski paddling boarding. Water is a great temperature too, swim for ages without feeling cold.

• Like 1

Looking forward to autumn coming soon-ish. For the mean time, I’d like to share this video I’ve uploaded last night (sorry for hijacking this thread!). Moved to Aus 2 years ago and I find the weather one of the more interesting aspects of living here:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tonyman said:

Yes.... Let's talk about the weather.... Had some constant fantastic days'weeks /months in WA.... But can honestly day I'm looking forward to some cooler days now.....

Really Tonyman? I would be happy for this all year round. Yesterday was a bit too humid but I love summer. Winters are pretty good too, cools down enough to get a bit more running and biking in.

I drove down to Neilsen Park last night and was shocked to see a sign which said "Shark Net Damaged"(by last weekend's storms), so, despite there being other people in the water, I drove to Watsons Bay where (I hope) the shark net is better made. Actually, I know that the one at Watsons Bay (or is it "Watson's?") is a permanent one whereas Neilsen Park's is taken down from May to October. The beach at NP is called Shark Bay mind.

I'm becoming ever more wimpy as I get older as I retreated from Clovelly last week because I thought the water was too rough, and Bronte too crowded. I went to Neilsen Park that night which is an extra few kilometres from Bronte, via Bondi Jn where I always get lost.

On 18/02/2020 at 08:53, Bulya said:

Humidity levels I haven’t seen here before.  It’s currently 80%, over four times normal.  I was just up the road in Murrumbateman yesterday afternoon, and  it was humid as.  I see it’s currently 93%, crazy high for the region.

@Bulya,  currently 88%  here, but only ‘cos we just recorded 129 mm (5 “). And still raining. The orchids love the warmth and humidity...

Cheers, Bobj.

26 minutes ago, ramot said:

So cool on the Sunshine Coast at 27’ that we had a roast last night, seemed like the right thing to have to take warm us up.

It was 22C here yesterday and we all went swimming.  25C is hot enough for me.  Funny how we all prefer different temperatures.  That's why you prefer to live where you live and I prefer cooler Tassie.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toots said:

It was 22C here yesterday and we all went swimming.  25C is hot enough for me.  Funny how we all prefer different temperatures.  That's why you prefer to live where you live and I prefer cooler Tassie.  

And here I am thinking it's because you are a jock and tight with money...😉

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 2