Toots

Been watching on TV - that amount of rain is just gob smacking.   Such an enormous job cleaning up and rebuilding when it eventually stops.  😥

Heard yesterday evening that it may move down the coast to you, Bob?

Edited by Skani
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Skani said:

Been watching on TV - that amount of rain is just gob smacking.   Such an enormous job cleaning up and rebuilding when it eventually stops.  😥

Heard yesterday evening that it may move down the coast to you, Bob?

We have had a mere trickle compared to “Brownsville”, only  18” since Jan 1st.,  ore wind than rain, Skani, 25-45 kmh every day since mid Dec.

Keeping an eye on the depression’s progress, and trying to send some rain to Tassie.

In all, we have had 2 sorta cyclones and 3 sorta depressions since mid Dec last year and 36” rain.

Cheers, Bobj.

Edited by Bobj
Adding
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

My thoughts are with those people in Townsville. The Ross River dam gates were fully opened  at 8.30 last night. A quarter of the city is under water. T’ville received 1.5 metres of rain in 7 days...

Cheers, Bobj.

It's a pity all that water couldn't be harvested somehow and piped to areas that need it.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

It's a pity all that water couldn't be harvested somehow and piped to areas that need it.

I would love to see things like that happen, but...The Lake Argyle dam in WA, has a few gallons,  but it all goes out to sea, well, 99% does.The various State and Federal Governments cannot commit to something that “grandiose”.

Lake Argyle, when full is 18 times the size of Sydney Harbour, or, 1,000 sq km.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

Our visitors have just left to initially drive to family in Rockhampton and then wait out their return to Charters Towers. Their house is ok, a Queenslander, but their son who is in the army and away is pretty worried about his house in Townsville.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ramot said:

Our visitors have just left to initially drive to family in Rockhampton and then wait out their return to Charters Towers. Their house is ok, a Queenslander, but their son who is in the army and away is pretty worried about his house in Townsville.

Here you go, @ramot. If a grunt, he will most likely be in Wulguru

https://couriermailnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/map_2000cmsheightv3.pdf

Cheers, Bobj.

6 minutes ago, Bobj said:

https://couriermailnewscorpau.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/map_2000cmsheightv3.pdf

Cheers, Bobj.

6 minutes ago, Bobj said:

I’m not sure where his house is. Hope he hasn’t been flooded.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2019 at 16:17, Skani said:

Send her down here....is what you mean, Bob.   Face south  and start blowing hard.  I'm sure you can do it!  😀 

You b****y legend, Bobj - it's been raining here overnight!   I knew you could do it!  😉

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skani said:

Yes, they are forecasting 27 and rain here in Hobart - which is a very strange combination for us.  But as long as it's raining on those fire grounds I won't whinge about the humidity at all!

I was out with the animals this morning and even though it was only 21C the sweat was dripping off me  -  very humid.  Reminded me of Scotland on drizzly summer days.  Hated the humidity and the blasted midges used to eat me alive.  At least there are no midges here.  😉

As you say - so good to see a bit of rain.  🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Bulya said:

Need rain!  Any spare up Qld way?

Can’t help from the Sunny Coast, hardly any rain so far this summer, bad news for possible water restrictions, but enjoying the much lower humidity. Seems mad that there is such awful flooding further north, but dry here.

• 2 weeks later...