Toots

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Yes it is hot.  Too hot for me I can tell you.  It was 22 here today and it was perfect.

45 is hot, 35.5 is warm to hot.  29 here today and low humidity, a very pleasant day imho.  With higher humidity, it wouldn’t have been so pleasant 

Edited by Bulya

1 hour ago, Bobj said:

Rain, glorious rain, thanks to ex tropical cyclone Owen. And all of it soaking into the ground rather than gully raking runoff.

Cheers, Bobj.

Just read the 6AM rain gauge and we received 72 mm, which makes 146 mm, (5.6 in ) for  the first week of December, against 32 in for the rest of the year. 👍

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

Cyclone Owen is gathering strength in the Gulf Of Carpentaria and will move east and track down the coast of Qld fairly quickly, ending up over the Sunshine Coast on Sunday. Quite humid  NW of Mackay, at 79% and 30 C.

Cheers, Bobj.

Dave’s Weather reckons you’ll get mucho rain 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2018 at 17:02, Bulya said:

Dave’s Weather reckons you’ll get mucho rain 

Last two days’ rainfall...0.6 & 0.8 mm. Townsville is ‘hosting’ the remnant cyclone right now. Maybe tomorrow for Mackay? Not a breath of wiind here, 50 km nw of Mackay

Cheers, Bobj

86 mm rain for yesterday....3.4” . This morning, we have a few patches of blue sky...BUT...the experts reckon that ex tropical cyclone Owen will head back north and intensify. just have to wait and see.

Meanwjile the depression is just off Mackay.

Cheers, Bobj.

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

Just heard 700mm (28”) in 24 hours somewhere in Qld.  That’s a fair bit of rain!

Mackay received 610 mm (24”) in 6 hours on Valentine’s Day, 2008. Next day, we got 432 mm (17”) in 24 hours,.Nearly bogged my 4wd in the front garden!

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Toots said:

Here in Devonport we had rain overnight.  Very nice clear sunny morning.  Supposed to reach 25C.  That is hot enough for me.  

Sounds perfect.  Too hot here but we have a pool which helps- lovely looking up at all the trees floating on my back. It is usually too cold to get in it so we make the most of it !

• Like 1