Toots

6 hours ago, Johndoe said:

7C in my garden this morning due to those bitter westerlies that blew yesterday at up to 50k. I hate being rugged up, especially indoors............feck the bill, the reverse cycle will be going on!

Couldn’t agree more, Kev, rugged up indoors is totally wrong. Even had a pair of socks on! 

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2018 at 21:01, calNgary said:

We are still sat outside at night but OMG its cold so we are rugged up. I think my outside nights will soon be over for a while.. I really hate this time of year, even though the daytime can be warm most days its no compensation,lol

Cal x

Bought that Aldi brazier that was on special the other week as ours was a little on the small side.............Jeez, it's big and with a catch pan you don't have to worry about ash on the pavers. Jake loves a fire but what can you do sitting round one other than listen to (his) music and drink, so likely my next infraction can be blamed on the weather ? Sat out there last Saturday and was toasted on the front with a heavy dew on my back! He was ecstatic as the possums came along the fence to see what the fuss was about ?Had to put all our clothes in the washer the following morning stinking of ironbark and smoke! That said, life's good whatever the weather.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

First day of winter today.  Been unseasonably warm until now

We have had a few wild days weather-wise recently and frost in the early mornings but today is a lovely sunny mild day here in Devonport.

7 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

We've had a fair bit of rain in WA. Probably a normal winter pattern. I'm over it already?

Looks like it's going to be OK for a round of golf tomorrow and the weekends looking good.

Send some this way,, only for a few days though then you can have it back,lol..

Hubby cleaned all our tanks and drain pipes out a few weeks ago its not rained since so we are currently on town water and its yukky.

Cal x

It's that sort of damp, cold weather here that chills you to the bone.  I'm just off to shut the horses and goat in for the night.  Rug them up (not the goat) then a hot bran mash with chopped carrots then flaked maize, bruised barley and oats on the side and lots of hay.

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 13:59, Toots said:

It's that sort of damp, cold weather here that chills you to the bone.  I'm just off to shut the horses and goat in for the night.  Rug them up (not the goat) then a hot bran mash with chopped carrots then flaked maize, bruised barley and oats on the side and lots of hay.

What did it taste like Toots? Is that some sort of new age diet.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided Brisbane has the best winter weather! Bright sun and blue skies during the day, up to 22/23c and cooler at night. Best of both worlds. Snuggling under the thick duvet at night and still being out in shorts to enjoy the 'winter' sun during the day. Summer on the other hand......

Edited by Guest