Toots

32 minutes ago, Toots said:

Hobart had a huge amount of rain which has resulted in flooding. 

170 mm in my rain gauge in the last 24 hours....my previous daily highest (in 20 years at this place) was 76.  

10 hours ago, Skani said:

170 mm in my rain gauge in the last 24 hours....my previous daily highest (in 20 years at this place) was 76.  

I hope you weren't too badly affected by the flooding Skani.  The storm seems to be heading for the north east coast now.  The north west coast had that bad storm a couple of years ago resulting in flooding.  Thankfully Devonport escaped the worst of it.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I hope you weren't too badly affected by the flooding Skani.  

No, thank you, I'm on a hillside and the house didn't have any leaks.   But the storm was something else - the worst I've ever seen anywhere.   Especially the thunder and lightning which went on for hours last night.  That's very unusual for here:   thunderstorms are rare and usually over within 20 minutes.  

• Like 3

Australia 5 am.

Real-Time Extremes

Hottest 27.4 °C Northern Endeavour, NT

Coldest -2.9 °C Liawenee, TAS

Windiest 63km/h Lord Howe Island (Windy Point), OFFSHORE

Wettest (Last Hour) 0.8mm Friendly Beaches, TAS

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Warmer here by far than we’ve ever known for this time of the year, after the hottest summer and autumn I can remember.  Tinder dry too, possibly the worst drought

Winter has set in here now.  Definitely the end of the warm weather.  Today it reached 14C which was pleasant.  Our summer here on the NW Tassie coast was beautiful.  Not too hot.  Our hottest day in Devonport was 30C on 11th March.  The summer average temp was 25C.  It's not dry here now - we've had heavy showers of rain.

50 minutes ago, Toots said:

Winter has set in here now.  Definitely the end of the warm weather.  Today it reached 14C which was pleasant.  Our summer here on the NW Tassie coast was beautiful.  Not too hot.  Our hottest day in Devonport was 30C on 11th March.  The summer average temp was 25C.  It's not dry here now - we've had heavy showers of rain.

Yet Poms on leaving always say “it’s all the same”.  They couldn’t be more wrong 

• 2 weeks later...