Jump to content

Which skilled occupation from list am I?

Recommended Posts

Hi! This may sound very simple but I’ve tried asking immigration who can’t help me. I wondered if there are any paediatric registrars out there who hav applied or are applying for the 189. I don’t seem to fit one category in the skilled occupation list but could be a number of them. As a paediatric registrar (so not full paediatrician) do I apply under medical practitioner 253999 or specialty physician 253399. Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a paediatrician (I am ED) but my understanding is that the speciality physician designation is for those post CCT. Everyone else applies under gen med practitioner NEC 253999. 

I assume if you are applying for the 189, you already have your full AHPRA registration? So you must be on a 457 at the moment? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now