Sydney wages, cost of living advive

Jmreevo

Hi guys just a quick note..had our 190 visa granted on 11th August [emoji16]we will be arriving in Sydney on 5th November staying with my sister in law in Ashfield inner west, initially as a base for our travels and untill we decide if were gonna settle or not. I'm a gas fitter and plumber in the UK and my fiancee is an optical dispenser (works in an opticians)...would anyone know the like wages combined we may achieve in Sydney with relation to renting etc....we are renting out our 3 bed semi in Liverpool and have a decent amount of money to get us started...any help appreciated [emoji106]

5 hours ago, Jmreevo said:

Hi guys just a quick note..had our 190 visa granted on 11th August emoji16.pngwe will be arriving in Sydney on 5th November staying with my sister in law in Ashfield inner west, initially as a base for our travels and untill we decide if were gonna settle or not. I'm a gas fitter and plumber in the UK and my fiancee is an optical dispenser (works in an opticians)...would anyone know the like wages combined we may achieve in Sydney with relation to renting etc....we are renting out our 3 bed semi in Liverpool and have a decent amount of money to get us started...any help appreciated emoji106.png

Hello @Jmreevo congratulations on your visa grant, not sure on the wages side but im sure you have researched Sydney, it is one the most expensive places to live in the world.The rent and purchase prices of houses in Sydney are exorbitant and shows no sign of slowing down. You would get more bang for your buck in Perth or Queensland accommodation wise.  Sydney is a great place to live but you pay a price for it. Good luck on the new start. Great time to be leaving the british winter and into the warmth of Australia