Super annuation

Pixie77

Unless your husband has reached retirement age or is at preservation age ( there's an age on each fund we you access some of it). Then he won't be able to release it until he does from what i'm aware.

41 minutes ago, grizzly111 said:

I think you can only access your super early if you rescind your Australian PR/citizenship. 

This is not true.

There are quite a few legitimate ways of accessing your super early  https://www.superguide.com.au/accessing-superannuation/legal-ways-to-withdraw-your-super-benefits - but rescinding PR or citizenship is not one of them.

Only people on temp visas can get their super when they leave the country and, even then, a good proportion of it will be lost in tax.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patphillips47 said:

I got my super in the UK when I turned 55 and did not have to rescind my Australian Citizenship but that is 15 years ago and stipulations may have changed now 

55 was probably your preservation age, ie the age at which you can take your super anyway.  My OH moved to the UK from Australia in 1999 and looked in to the possibility of moving his super a couple of years later but was unable to do so.

On 30/10/2017 at 10:58, Pixie77 said:

OK thanks.... His super company have said they can release it & we've been sent forms so I'll go & double check. Thanks 

Hi @Pixie77 did you find out anything from your super company? This is something we are interested in. It seems Australian super companies are eager for you to transfer pensions from the U.K. over there but when it comes to moving them back they are not so eager?

59 minutes ago, Martinbjulieb said:

Hi @Pixie77 did you find out anything from your super company? This is something we are interested in. It seems Australian super companies are eager for you to transfer pensions from the U.K. over there but when it comes to moving them back they are not so eager?

Unless you were on a temporary visa such as a 457 you can't  transfer until you can access it (preservation age) which is at least 55 but may be older depending on your year of birth.