The weather ?

bristolman

On 27 October 2017 at 08:18, Rallyman said:

Having to work outside in cold or hot weather I feel is quite diffrent to being outside through choice , I have had enough of working in cold and damp weather of uk to last me a life time , although when it hit 50 back in February that was a bit too hot , just went for a cold one ?

It shows how we are all different. I work outdoors and hated the heat in Oz. Spent last January in a peat bog in north west Scotland. Blizzards were daily. Far preferred the blizzards. I can dress for the cold but there is nothing to stop the heat. 

1 minute ago, VERYSTORMY said:

It shows how we are all different. I work outdoors and hated the heat in Oz. Spent last January in a peat bog in north west Scotland. Blizzards were daily. Far preferred the blizzards. I can dress for the cold but there is nothing to stop the heat. 

I don't like extremes of either vs .....if I had to pick one ...i would prefer the heat ....but days of 35c plus ...sod that now ...as I get older

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

I don't like extremes of either vs .....if I had to pick one ...i would prefer the heat ....but days of 35c plus ...sod that now ...as I get older

No way, I would just sweat continuously in Australia, I would have a shower and be dripping with sweat by the time I had dried myself. Here, at most I put a jumper on and I'm comfortable. Even though I grew up in it I really dislike the heat. 

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

I just find cold esker to manage. If I am going to work and see the forecast as -10 and blizzards I can put on the right kit. If I am going to work and see it is 35 there is nothing I can do other than than crap. 

9 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Yes each to their own , I have put too many roofs on in freezing conditions with nails actually freezing to my hands , winters have certainly got more mild in the uk over the last few years , but I am happy working in the warmer climate now , I don't suffer with stiff joints as much now also , must admit when it starts to get above 38 it gets tough but as I said before we knock off and have a cold one 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

I'm with you there bunbury.  Here it never gets that cold at all in winter - maybe a  flurry of snow once in a while.  Frost disappears by 10:00am - never seen ice on puddles but it gets a bit more severe in the mountains.  Mild springs and autumns and warm not hot summers.  Suits me fine.  That's here on the north west coast.  I've been in other areas of Tasmania which got a lot hotter and a lot colder too.

South Africa along the natal coast where I was brought up had a different climate to Oz, it never really felt that hot and rarely climbed above  30c , although it was a wet heat it just felt a lot more pleasant than Australian summers, it also stayed a lot lighter at night than oz which just got dark around 5 or 6 most of the year. As I say I love the 4 seasons of the UK and I just wished we had real winters like in the past. Very mild and very dry winters are the norm now which is a shame as I love snow and frost.

7 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

South Africa along the natal coast where I was brought up had a different climate to Oz, it never really felt that hot and rarely climbed above  30c , although it was a wet heat it just felt a lot more pleasant than Australian summers, it also stayed a lot lighter at night than oz which just got dark around 5 or 6 most of the year. As I say I love the 4 seasons of the UK and I just wished we had real winters like in the past. Very mild and very dry winters are the norm now which is a shame as I love snow and frost.

Well I live in Australia and where I live it's not dark until 8.30 pm and will soon be 9.30 pm as we get into summer.  Not every part of Australia is the same PB.  Get out a geography book and study the geography of Australia.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toots said:

Well I live in Australia and where I live it's not dark until 8.30 pm and will soon be 9.30 pm as we get into summer.  Not every part of Australia is the same PB.  Get out a geography book and study the geography of Australia.

I will when I have got less time....;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Toots said:

It's one thing I'm really didn't like in Brisbane, dark so early in the summer and it was like flicking a switch, immediately dark. 

Guest The Pom Queen
9 minutes ago, bristolman said:

It's one thing I'm really didn't like in Brisbane, dark so early in the summer and it was like flicking a switch, immediately dark. 

I didn't like having Christmas in Melbourne because it didn't go dark until late and I couldn't have my Christmas lights on.

In Brissy at least it's dark at 7pm so it feels more Christmassy (is that even a word)

5 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

I didn't like having Christmas in Melbourne because it didn't go dark until late and I couldn't have my Christmas lights on.

In Brissy at least it's dark at 7pm so it feels more Christmassy (is that even a word)

That's what happens when your seasons are the wrong way around. 

1 hour ago, bristolman said:

The closer you get to the equator and all that  .........................  Singapore and Bangkok are the same.

14 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

We always take the grandkids on a Christmas lights run and it is annoying that we have to wait until about 8.45 or 9 pm before it is dark but then I love a nice hot Christmas with lots of seafood, salads and fruit. I would hate to be cooped up indoors.

You probably stayed indoors with your woolly hat on and your granddad slippers.....ohhhhhh its cold outside and look how frosty it is....xD ....you get as many people walking in the winter as you do in the summer, 

last winter walks...:)

305F162C00000578-3409386-image-a-3_1453337199488.jpg

41 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

We always take the grandkids on a Christmas lights run and it is annoying that we have to wait until about 8.45 or 9 pm before it is dark but then I love a nice hot Christmas with lots of seafood, salads and fruit. I would hate to be cooped up indoors.

Why wwould you be cooped up indoors ? 

Must admit its starting to fee; xmassy, cold this morning without a cloud in the sky, up at 6 for a run walk with the dog and getting ready for work....xmas menu already out at our pubs and booking almost full already...£65 a head for  a 4 course meal on xmas day seems a good deal.

10 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Must admit its starting to fee; xmassy, cold this morning without a cloud in the sky, up at 6 for a run walk with the dog and getting ready for work....xmas menu already out at our pubs and booking almost full already...£65 a head for  a 4 course meal on xmas day seems a good deal.

That is a rip-off.