The weather ?

bristolman

On 06/04/2018 at 21:43, simmo said:

Not for me. Suns out gun's out here today.  Loads of people in the beer garden eating lunch enjoying it. 

I have one floor of units to inspect then it's the weekend.

Have a good one ?

Love the optimism that the seasons bring rather than Groundhog Day everyday.

If I didn't have a calendar here I wouldnt know what month it was!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wattsy1982 said:

If I didn't have a calendar here I wouldnt know what month it was!

Not a problem in this part of Australia.   Leaves turning yellow,  leaves falling,   puffer jackets everywhere,   whiff of wood smoke in the air on a chilly evening...and  flame robin returns.    Must be autumn.  :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skani said:

Not a problem in this part of Australia.   Leaves turning yellow,  leaves falling,   puffer jackets everywhere,   whiff of wood smoke in the air on a chilly evening...and  flame robin returns.    Must be autumn.  :)

Those are the things I miss... we don't get the distinct seasonal changes in Qld. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

We have had a fantastic weekend. T-shirt weather. Dawn is just breaking here now, it is light but the sun isn't up and it is looking like another nice one. Misty in the valley between the village and the next hill, but very mild. 

I noticed here in Wiltshire, in the deepest south, the temperature has rocketed to a balmy 11C and the first shorts and T shirts are out on the streets, it's like it's a rite of passage, who can get out there dressed for summer whilst the wind is cold enough to slice the nuts  off a brass monkey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:15, BacktoDemocracy said:

I noticed here in Wiltshire, in the deepest south, the temperature has rocketed to a balmy 11C and the first shorts and T shirts are out on the streets, it's like it's a rite of passage, who can get out there dressed for summer whilst the wind is cold enough to slice the nuts  off a brass monkey. 

apparently 11.4c is an April average ?.....bit warmer than that now

April is always touch and go.  Although its hot during the day the long evenings are great.  I've been sat out in my little suburban garden with a bottle of wine listening to laughter smelling BBQs thinking to myself this is what i call living the dream.  Pub lunch in St Johns wood, a site inspection with all the trades on good form, happy and joking around, driving back through marylebone high street watching the tourists outside madame tussauds.  Stuck in traffic due to commonwealth leaders in town.

love it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was gorgeous here yesterday too.  My car registered a temperature of 23 degrees when I went over to Kinross in the afternoon, and I didn't have to put a coat on when I went to pick the kids up from school.  There's promise of another lovely day today too, although it's a bit cloudy out at the moment.  I spent most of yesterday making blackout blinds for the kid's bedrooms.  It doesn't get dark until almost 9pm already, and it starts to get light by 5am!  There's quite a difference between here and where OH's family live in the south of England.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LKC said:

It was gorgeous here yesterday too.  My car registered a temperature of 23 degrees when I went over to Kinross in the afternoon, and I didn't have to put a coat on when I went to pick the kids up from school.  There's promise of another lovely day today too, although it's a bit cloudy out at the moment.  I spent most of yesterday making blackout blinds for the kid's bedrooms.  It doesn't get dark until almost 9pm already, and it starts to get light by 5am!  There's quite a difference between here and where OH's family live in the south of England.

In July you can look forward to 17.5 hours of daylight in Scotland .  :)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Toots said:

In July you can look forward to 17.5 hours of daylight in Scotland .  :)

It's a bit unnerving!  Having had almost nine years in Sydney, where it gets dark by 8.30, it's very odd having it so light so late!  Particularly since we did a winter there, then moved here to another winter.  I feel like I should be up and doing things in the evenings, rather than settling down to watch tv!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LKC said:

It's a bit unnerving!  Having had almost nine years in Sydney, where it gets dark by 8.30, it's very odd having it so light so late!  Particularly since we did a winter there, then moved here to another winter.  I feel like I should be up and doing things in the evenings, rather than settling down to watch tv!

Scotland when the weather is good ...no better place .

I remember those " pink " skies in the highlands ...stunning

17 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Scotland when the weather is good ...no better place .

I remember those " pink " skies in the highlands ...stunning

We had a gorgeous day yesterday, and today is showing promise too.  It really is a beautiful part of the world!  We're just at the southern edge of the highlands, and the sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous!  We live on a farm, so there are lambs and calves frolicking about in the fields around our house, daffodils blooming by the roadsides, cherry blossom just starting to appear on the trees... truly gorgeous!  I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed seeing spring coming in!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, LKC said:

We had a gorgeous day yesterday, and today is showing promise too.  It really is a beautiful part of the world!  We're just at the southern edge of the highlands, and the sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous!  We live on a farm, so there are lambs and calves frolicking about in the fields around our house, daffodils blooming by the roadsides, cherry blossom just starting to appear on the trees... truly gorgeous!  I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed seeing spring coming in!

I always worry about new lambs in nasty weather.  Good to hear you are also receiving some of the warmer weather in Scotland.  My sister says it's lovely in Edinburgh but my friends on the west coast say it's not so nice there.

1 minute ago, Toots said:

I always worry about new lambs in nasty weather.  Good to hear you are also receiving some of the warmer weather in Scotland.  My sister says it's lovely in Edinburgh but my friends on the west coast say it's not so nice there.

I think we're going to Edinburgh tomorrow.  We're more towards the east than the west, so we're having the good weather at the moment.