The weather ?

bristolman

1 hour ago, LKC said:

It rained up here all day yesterday, but we had a beautiful Boxing Day walk.  Just a slight dusting of snow on the top of the hills, but more forecast for the end of the week.  Of course we got the kids a sledge for Christmas, so we'll not actually see any more snow than that this winter!

Snowpic.jpg

LKC ...it looks lovely ...good on ya ?

14 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

All these Utopic pictures are lovely but take care everyone it seems to be taking a turn for the worst although it will be denied venomously by a few :rolleyes: :cool: 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-travel-live-updates-latest-news-flood-motorway-motorways-road-closures-accidents-a8129611.html 

no utopic pictures , just an actual photo, taken 5 minutes ago a B road in the west midlands ....thats a fact .,..not something you have read online

make of it what you will ....everyone is getting around

WP_20171227_12_19_28_Pro.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bunbury61 said:

no utopic pictures , just an actual photo, taken 5 minutes ago a B road in the west midlands ....thats a fact .,..not something you have read online

make of it what you will ....everyone is getting around

WP_20171227_12_19_28_Pro.jpg

Brown slush...............lovely, keep safe when it freezes, I know it doesn't freeze often according to you and Brisleman but please drive safely.

5 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Brown slush...............lovely, keep safe when it freezes, I know it doesn't freeze often according to you and Brisleman but please drive safely.

it might freeze overnight , but we have something called " gritting lorries " and it should be o.k by about 8 am ....still not one day below zero in the last 6 years in the west midlands , so it soon defrosts ?.

by the way , thanks for all your u.k weather concerns , it means so much ???

1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

it might freeze overnight , but we have something called " gritting lorries " and it should be o.k by about 8 am ....still not one day below zero in the last 6 years in the west midlands , so it soon defrosts ?.

by the way , thanks for all your u.k weather concerns , it means so much ???

No worries here to help B| no days under zero in 6 years gosh that's tragic! Where did the seasons go the two things I tend to miss about the UK the coarse fishing and the seasons I guess the seasons are no longer then :(

2 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

No worries here to help B| no days under zero in 6 years gosh that's tragic! Where did the seasons go the two things I tend to miss about the UK the coarse fishing and the seasons I guess the seasons are no longer then :(

never thought about either...milder the better...but not 40c either?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

???...whats your issue ?.....you put up a statement ....i punched holes in it ...end of .

its 1.30 pm iam finished work ...thanks for the concern ?

Punched holes in it LOL very high opinion of yourself I realise you don't like having your comments challenged get over it. 

7 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

never thought about either...milder the better...but not 40c either?

Thankfully we get very few days that reach 40c not my idea of fun either, generally I find the Perth climate perfect, very low humidy, very low rainfall (outside of winter) and the sunniest capital city in the world.........what's not to like B|

34 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Thankfully we get very few days that reach 40c not my idea of fun either, generally I find the Perth climate perfect, very low humidy, very low rainfall (outside of winter) and the sunniest capital city in the world.........what's not to like B|

yeah , I can agree with that , but its too isolated for some ....you gain in some areas and lose big time In others

my choices for travel are massive ...paris , Rome , lucerne ,berlin, Madrid...i have seen moat of them , in fact my kids have seen most of them , which is a major plus

Perth is decent , but you wouldn't want it 365 24/7 , although I might manage a few weeks here and there .

its like having the same meal repeatedly ...nice to start with , then it gets repetitive .

I like a bit of choice ,that's why I put up with a bit of shite weather to have the likes of Switzerland and Italy on my doorstep .

then of course there is London ....any show worth seeing is on in London at the same time

i could go on and on ....for some the beach and the weather is enough ....not me

plus , if i was in oz , i would have to work bloody hard for the money i earn here ...its a no starter

each to their own

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

yeah , I can agree with that , but its too isolated for some ....you gain in some areas and lose big time In others

my choices for travel are massive ...paris , Rome , lucerne ,berlin, Madrid...i have seen moat of them , in fact my kids have seen most of them , which is a major plus

Perth is decent , but you wouldn't want it 365 24/7 , although I might manage a few weeks here and there .

its like having the same meal repeatedly ...nice to start with , then it gets repetitive .

I like a bit of choice ,that's why I put up with a bit of shite weather to have the likes of Switzerland and Italy on my doorstep .

then of course there is London ....any show worth seeing is on in London at the same time

i could go on and on ....for some the beach and the weather is enough ....not me

plus , if i was in oz , i would have to work bloody hard for the money i earn here ...its a no starter

each to their own

Well it's good that we are all different, I have been to Rome, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Prague, Bern, Amsterdam etc.etc.etc and to be honest they are pretty much the same very interesting the first time but the second time well meh,  hopefully once I have raised my children safely in Perth they will travel and experience Europe as long as it isn't blacklisted by the Australian government Europe in general does seem to be getting more dangerous! They will however have Asia on there doorstep to explore.

10 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Well it's good that we are all different, I have been to Rome, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Prague, Bern, Amsterdam etc.etc.etc and to be honest they are pretty much the same very interesting the first time but the second time well meh,  hopefully once I have raised my children safely in Perth they will travel and experience Europe as long as it isn't blacklisted by the Australian government Europe in general does seem to be getting more dangerous! They will however have Asia on there doorstep to explore.

???...they are all the same ???..really ...Prague the same as Madrid ...i don't think so .

I don't know who you are trying to convince here , me or yourself .

Perth is a lovely city , I spent 6 years in w.a ....i have no issues

by why all this reading up ,and jumping on about the u.k weather ,especially the snow etc ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

well Asia nice and safe ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

???...they are all the same ???..really ...Prague the same as Madrid ...i don't think so .

I don't know who you are trying to convince here , me or yourself .

Perth is a lovely city , I spent 6 years in w.a ....i have no issues

by why all this reading up ,and jumping on about the u.k weather ,especially the snow etc ?

Apart from the language spoken yes pretty much the same a big city is a big city is a big city to me. 

Not trying to convince anyone but your constant blabbering on about Europe being the be all and end all is a bit boring tbh if your idea of fun is an easy jet flight and 50p pints then crack on I want my kids to experience a bit more diversity than that.

I don’t read up on the UK weather it’s normally reported on in my chosen news outlet online and it catches my eye when I tend to read on here how tropical the weather is currently in the UK but there are flights being cancelled at airports I tend to wonder who’s lying the papers or the posters ?

14 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Apart from the language spoken yes pretty much the same a big city is a big city is a big city to me. 

Not trying to convince anyone but your constant blabbering on about Europe being the be all and end all is a bit boring tbh if your idea of fun is an easy jet flight and 50p pints then crack on I want my kids to experience a bit more diversity than that.

I don’t read up on the UK weather it’s normally reported on in my chosen news outlet online and it catches my eye when I tend to read on here how tropical the weather is currently in the UK but there are flights being cancelled at airports I tend to wonder who’s lying the papers or the posters ?

a,big city is a big city...easy jet flight.....and 50 pints ???...how presumptuous ???....thanks for the character reference

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

a few flights were held back in the london area because of ice on the runway ...no big deal

I don't think those who were overnighting at Stansted due to closed runways and cancelled flights after 50mm of snow and temps of -2C, Luton and Birmingham suspended flights over the day, no biggie,  with further heavy snow forecast for the north and midlands for tomorrow, with -13C forecast for tonight in Scotland , it took 7 hours from Cheltenham to Ipswich yesterday on A roads dodging motorways at a standstill.

But maybe I was in a parallel universe, y-know that reality one not the brexit one with 'blue passports'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I don't think those who were overnighting at Stansted due to closed runways and cancelled flights after 50mm of snow and temps of -2C, Luton and Birmingham suspended flights over the day, no biggie,  with further heavy snow forecast for the north and midlands for tomorrow, with -13C forecast for tonight in Scotland , it took 7 hours from Cheltenham to Ipswich yesterday on A roads dodging motorways at a standstill.

But maybe I was in a parallel universe, y-know that reality one not the brexit one with 'blue passports'.

Damn someone who doesn't try and gloss over things, I knew such a person must exist!

• Like 1

UK weather: Snow warnings issued as arctic air predicted to bring coldest night of year

Heavy snow predicted to fall across east Midlands, North West and Yorkshire.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-latest-snow-warnings-arctic-air-coldest-night-year-a8132126.html

Wrap up warm everyone looks like you are in for a cold one keep safe.

(I apologise if it is in fact mild and in double figures with a blue sky where you are, I read this online and it may be refuted by a couple of posters on here B|)

Edited by Sandgroper
  • Like 2