The weather ?

bristolman

28 minutes ago, NicF said:

It was definitely mild in London but the services felt much colder with a very cold wind blowing.  I wouldn’t call today mild, but then as far as I’m concerned it’s mild at 20C.  The youngest is probably a better barometer so it will be interesting to see if the youngest needs a jumper today or not.  

I'm just not really bothered by the cold, 20-25c is perfect colder is fine. 

16 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

The media are near hysterical when it cones to the weather. This weekend is going to be cold but only a couple of degrees colder than average As a guy from the met said cold snaps in December are normal yet if you read the tabloids you'd  think it was going to be colder than Siberia.

Colder than SIBERIA: Snow and -5 to blast Britain THIS WEEKEND

It was quite mild when I dropped the kids at school yesterday morning, about 8° or so, but it didn't feel cold.  There was a really cold wind when I picked them up, though, and it was getting dark with the street lights on as we were driving home.  I think we're set for a few very cold days, temperatures around freezing but feeling much colder with an arctic wind.  It looks like we might get some snow over the weekend too.  We're ready though.  Cold weather in Scotland in December is pretty normal, I'd have thought!

16 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

The media are near hysterical when it cones to the weather. This weekend is going to be cold but only a couple of degrees colder than average As a guy from the met said cold snaps in December are normal yet if you read the tabloids you'd  think it was going to be colder than Siberia.

Exactly why I don't read the tabloids. It's going to be cold for a few days, we'll manage lol

3 hours ago, LKC said:

It was quite mild when I dropped the kids at school yesterday morning, about 8° or so, but it didn't feel cold.  There was a really cold wind when I picked them up, though, and it was getting dark with the street lights on as we were driving home.  I think we're set for a few very cold days, temperatures around freezing but feeling much colder with an arctic wind.  It looks like we might get some snow over the weekend too.  We're ready though.  Cold weather in Scotland in December is pretty normal, I'd have thought!

???...you are right lkc ...i think Scotland will e prepared

4 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Britain being where exactly?...the Hebrides ?

iam in Stratford over the weekend ....above freezing during the day ?

It was probably in the Excess or some equally crappy tabloid so yes pick the furthest point North lol

Edited by bristolman

2 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

I blame global warming I know Mr trump will deny it though, an English winter is supposed to be frosty crisp and fresh it's a shame the English seasons just seem to merge now and people seem to be actually glad about it! I used to love frosty mornings as a kid.

still get the odd frosty one ,not as many .

its not the frosty mornings , its the -10 that I cant be doing with , thank god we rarely et that anymore

snow on Xmas day and that's it ?...no more

don't like winter ?

4 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

I blame global warming I know Mr trump will deny it though, an English winter is supposed to be frosty crisp and fresh it's a shame the English seasons just seem to merge now and people seem to be actually glad about it! I used to love frosty mornings as a kid.

Im not sure thats the case, Spring is still obvious as is Summer, Autumn is beautiful with the leaves changing etc and winter is just shorter and milder. The difference mostly is that there doesnt seem to be prolonged cold, grey periods like there were yesrs ago. 

8 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

It's cheap  newspapers isn't it, you don't have to employ a journalist for that front page do you or made up health scares, the Express owners are trying to sell it off because they can't make it pay, I guess the death rate amongst readers is a major factor.  

21 minutes ago, bristolman said:

Im not sure thats the case, Spring is still obvious as is Summer, Autumn is beautiful with the leaves changing etc and winter is just shorter and milder. The difference mostly is that there doesnt seem to be prolonged cold, grey periods like there were yesrs ago. 

Which country are you in?

Oh, I forgot you're in Gods county, Herefordshire, the sun always shines there.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LKC said:

Yes, you've got to laugh really.  It is winter after all.  Some folk get a bit carried away about the whole weather thing.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

we were told overnight it would be " "snowmageddon "

I was in Halfords yesterday , and assistant was telling me , that in her weather app it was saying ,snow was coming in ,big time

at 6an this morning ...it was a dusting at best

WP_20171208_06_19_19_Pro.jpg

Yes, where YOU live.  Once again different elsewhere.  My pal in N. Yorkshire (Gammersgill) has quite a bit of it.

• Like 1