The weather ?

bristolman

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes there are palm trees in Logan gardens in south west Scotland.  Maybe other areas as well - I'm not sure.  As long as they are sheltered from the wind they seem to do fine.

I'm actually looking at some for our garden, I've always like Palms and had loads in Brisbane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolman said:

I'm actually looking at some for our garden, I've always like Palms and had loads in Brisbane. 

You should be able to grow some varieties bristolman.  They grow here in Devonnport and our winters are frosty with a right old blasts of very cold winds from the mountains and the ocean.  

9 hours ago, Toots said:

It's no worse than many other northern hemisphere countries during the winter.  It probably won't last for long  ...............................  white Christmas perhaps?

Exactly, its not atrocious weather, its snow lol. I doubt we will see a white Christmas unfortunately, the forecast is for milder weather again. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:41, Parley said:

Atrocious weather in UK. 

Stay safe everyone

???...is it ? ....where ? ...we copped the worst of it in the west midlands ...truly the worst .....and look at it ...yesterday afternoon and early this morning .

atrocious my arse?....just a bit dodgy on the sideroads ...main roads and motorways ..all good ?...actually enjoying it

WP_20171211_13_16_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20171212_08_14_08_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

???...is it ? ....where ? ...we copped the worst of it in the west midlands ...truly the worst .....and look at it ...yesterday afternoon and early this morning .

atrocious my arse?....just a bit dodgy on the sideroads ...main roads and motorways ..all good ?...actually enjoying it

sunny with no wind ( again ) ....1c today ....i have been working outside in it ....some fantastic scenery

30 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Oh my god, thats atrocious weather, how are people still alive ? Why are people out in that atrocious weather ? Are they off panic buying ?

10 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Make sure you check your flights if you plan on leaving the the gloom for Christmas, the bad weather has hit again http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/flights-winter-mayhem-manchester-heathrow-flybe-british-airways-easyjet-a8117586.html 

Our son is on his way to Australia from Ireland and must have missed the 'mayhem' at the airports.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toots said:

Our son is on his way to Australia from Ireland and must have missed the 'mayhem' at the airports.

Yes I think it's fair to say to say most have missed the 'mayhem'. The weather report was literally just on and widespread milder weather is on its way tomorrow through the weekend and beyond so the 'mayhem' will be short lived I think ?

Just read (in the Indy B|12.6C was the highest temperature in England on Christmas day that's shocking!! You may have well been in Melbourne with temperatures like that, so much for 4 seasons they just seem to merge now, although I think officially it was a white Christmas because somewhere in Cumbria and the Scottish borders had a flurry, how nice.

30 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Just read (in the Indy B|12.6C was the highest temperature in England on Christmas day that's shocking!! You may have well been in Melbourne with temperatures like that, so much for 4 seasons they just seem to merge now, although I think officially it was a white Christmas because somewhere in Cumbria and the Scottish borders had a flurry, how nice.

fantastic thanks ....truly fantastic ....a family time , out for a meal , family and friends last night .....its just about to start again ?....

13 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

fantastic thanks ....truly fantastic ....a family time , out for a meal , family and friends last night .....its just about to start again ?....

Well done.....sounds "truly fantastic" where you are, our family in Yorkshire have said it was ruined by the weather "far to mild" were there words 

2 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Well done.....sounds "truly fantastic" where you are, our family in Yorkshire have said it was ruined by the weather "far to mild" were there words 

nothing to do with the weather ....milder the better for me .

I mean Christmas as a family time .

its not my favourite season or time of the year .

I don't like all the expense and hoo haa ....but this year only cost about £2,000....so all good .

my girls got what they wanted ...so all is at peace ?

The forecast is for wet snow tomorrow down here but I will believe it when I see it.  Yesterday was lovely, grand day for a walk, as was today but with much chillier winds.  I walk in a local nature area regularly and rarely see anyone but today it was like Piccadilly Circus - I encountered half a dozen families on the road to the Down and then whenever I scanned the Down I could see between 35 and 50 people at any one time, they were like ants (I was there for a while as it's the only hill within cooee and I was trying to get my floor target on my Fitbit!).  Everyone was happy, chatty and saying hello.  Fab day and now with nearly 9 miles done and 72 floors I am allowing myself a mince pie!

It rained up here all day yesterday, but we had a beautiful Boxing Day walk.  Just a slight dusting of snow on the top of the hills, but more forecast for the end of the week.  Of course we got the kids a sledge for Christmas, so we'll not actually see any more snow than that this winter!

Snowpic.jpg

• Like 2