You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Ozzie

5 days at Christmas

Sorry for mentioning the C word... looking for suggestions for a 5 day hol at Christmas time. Up to 4-5 hours (6 absolutely max) in the car from Brisbane (toddler in tow so can't spend too long in car). A nice beach/ island or just peaceful spot with swimming.

Won't be camping this time around so needs to have accomm not too far away.

Was thinking Hervey Bay maybe? Happy to go north or south of Brisbane.

Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1

I believe that one of the modern forms of bravery is to say, OK I will start again from scratch.

Doing something new, learning new things requires great strength, great humility and great courage.

........Caloundra is nice...and a good base for the Sunshine Coast and hinterland

........there’s a water playground at kings beach

........lots of cafes and restaurants

.......within reach of Australia zoo

.......markets Eumundi and malaney ....

.......and shopping at the sunshine plaza!

Edited by Tink
  • Like 1

........Caloundra is nice...and a good base for the Sunshine Coast and hinterland

........there’s a water playground at kings beach
........lots of cafes and restaurants
.......within reach of Australia zoo
.......markets Eumundi and malaney ....
.......and shopping at the sunshine plaza!

Thanks@tink I'll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

I believe that one of the modern forms of bravery is to say, OK I will start again from scratch.

Doing something new, learning new things requires great strength, great humility and great courage.

1770 is nice with a great beach, it is a bit of a drive though.

A quiet spot we found closer was Poona Palms caravan and cabin park , you turn off at Gympie and drive for a while to get to it, theres only a litle basic shop and takeaway, so buy your main groceries etc in Gympie.

We have also stayed at Bagara Beach, quiet compared to down here but more happeneing than at Poona and great for a few days stay, a few little shops in the precinct and varying eateries and takeaways. Also a choice of accomodation syles on offer.

Caloundra and Mooloolaba are 2 other places we regually stay at and always have a good time, both nice areas, Caloundra being cheaper accommodation and stay wise than Mooloolaba.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

22 hours ago, calNgary said:

1770 is nice with a great beach, it is a bit of a drive though.

A quiet spot we found closer was Poona Palms caravan and cabin park , you turn off at Gympie and drive for a while to get to it, theres only a litle basic shop and takeaway, so buy your main groceries etc in Gympie.

We have also stayed at Bagara Beach, quiet compared to down here but more happeneing than at Poona and great for a few days stay, a few little shops in the precinct and varying eateries and takeaways. Also a choice of accomodation syles on offer.

Caloundra and Mooloolaba are 2 other places we regually stay at and always have a good time, both nice areas, Caloundra being cheaper accommodation and stay wise than Mooloolaba.

Cal x

Great name for a place! I'll check out the others, thanks for the ideas.

• Like 1

Noosa Heads, fantastic place. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

A lot further but worth the drive, Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands.

IMG_3979.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

IMG_3981.JPG

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

What you could do, if you have a 4x4 is something I'm hoping to do one day is drive to Noosa, spend the night there. Then go across on the ferry at Noosa North Shore, drive up the beach to Rainbow Beach and then on to Fraser Island after which cut across to Hervey Bay and drive down the coast back. It may be rushed though if you only have 5 days. 

https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/pdf/cooloola-great-sandy-map.pdf

Thanks PQ. The whitsundays look absolutely gorgeous however with only 5 days and a toddler I'm not sure we would be able to enjoy it properly and relax. Definitely something for when we have more time however. Unfortunately no 4x4. Will check out Noosa also at some stage also however as I've heard great things.

What about Bunya Mountains National Park. There are chalets to rent, if you don't want to camp. Only a three hour drive from Brisbane.