5 days at Christmas

Sorry for mentioning the C word... looking for suggestions for a 5 day hol at Christmas time. Up to 4-5 hours (6 absolutely max) in the car from Brisbane (toddler in tow so can't spend too long in car). A nice beach/ island or just peaceful spot with swimming.

Won't be camping this time around so needs to have accomm not too far away.

Was thinking Hervey Bay maybe? Happy to go north or south of Brisbane.

Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

........Caloundra is nice...and a good base for the Sunshine Coast and hinterland

........there’s a water playground at kings beach

........lots of cafes and restaurants

.......within reach of Australia zoo

.......markets Eumundi and malaney ....

.......and shopping at the sunshine plaza!

Edited by Tink

........Caloundra is nice...and a good base for the Sunshine Coast and hinterland

........there’s a water playground at kings beach
........lots of cafes and restaurants
.......within reach of Australia zoo
.......markets Eumundi and malaney ....
.......and shopping at the sunshine plaza!

Thanks@tink I'll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

1770 is nice with a great beach, it is a bit of a drive though.

A quiet spot we found closer was Poona Palms caravan and cabin park , you turn off at Gympie and drive for a while to get to it, theres only a litle basic shop and takeaway, so buy your main groceries etc in Gympie.

We have also stayed at Bagara Beach, quiet compared to down here but more happeneing than at Poona and great for a few days stay, a few little shops in the precinct and varying eateries and takeaways. Also a choice of accomodation syles on offer.

Caloundra and Mooloolaba are 2 other places we regually stay at and always have a good time, both nice areas, Caloundra being cheaper accommodation and stay wise than Mooloolaba.

Cal x

22 hours ago, calNgary said:

1770 is nice with a great beach, it is a bit of a drive though.

A quiet spot we found closer was Poona Palms caravan and cabin park , you turn off at Gympie and drive for a while to get to it, theres only a litle basic shop and takeaway, so buy your main groceries etc in Gympie.

We have also stayed at Bagara Beach, quiet compared to down here but more happeneing than at Poona and great for a few days stay, a few little shops in the precinct and varying eateries and takeaways. Also a choice of accomodation syles on offer.

Caloundra and Mooloolaba are 2 other places we regually stay at and always have a good time, both nice areas, Caloundra being cheaper accommodation and stay wise than Mooloolaba.

Cal x

Great name for a place! I'll check out the others, thanks for the ideas.

Guest The Pom Queen

What you could do, if you have a 4x4 is something I'm hoping to do one day is drive to Noosa, spend the night there. Then go across on the ferry at Noosa North Shore, drive up the beach to Rainbow Beach and then on to Fraser Island after which cut across to Hervey Bay and drive down the coast back. It may be rushed though if you only have 5 days. 

https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/pdf/cooloola-great-sandy-map.pdf

Thanks PQ. The whitsundays look absolutely gorgeous however with only 5 days and a toddler I'm not sure we would be able to enjoy it properly and relax. Definitely something for when we have more time however. Unfortunately no 4x4. Will check out Noosa also at some stage also however as I've heard great things.

• 1 month later...