Applying for Student Dependent visa after Student visa is approved

Shanny

Hello everyone,

I applied on 13th Sept and was granted on 11th Oct. I've traveled Australia 4 times on Tourist visa so that may helped the application process a little faster.

Anyways, The issue I'm having now is that I haven't added my partner in the dependent's list. 

Although I'll be using a Registered Migration Agent (which I'm still confused which to choose) after arriving in Australia. Until then I'd like to keep every document ready.

So here are some questions that are confusing me which would be really helpful for future applicants who may get into a similar position like me:-

1. It's written in DIBP's website that you need to show 6,940AUD for partner's 12 months living expense. So in her subsequent application if I show 10,000AUD. Would that be enough? Keep in mind that, her sponsor would be a different person than that of mine.
  2. If I want to be her sponsor for living expense, can I show the funds in my Australian bank account? What's the procedure here?
  3. I heard that in order to have a successful subsequent application you need to be married for more than 12 months. Especially from high risk countries such India, Pakistan, Bangladesh. Is that a myth?
  4. Would it effect her application if she's still studying full time and don't have any job?
  5. If she ever wants to change her mind and apply for a student visa from subsequent dependent visa? Can she apply for it onshore?