Citizenship questions

Lou8670

Tomorrow I can apply for citizenship and I'm busy today preparing all the forms.

I've got a couple of questions...

We can't log into our ImmiAccount but don't know why. Someone suggested it's because the system has been updated. Our login was E and then a bunch of numbers. When click to say we've forgotten the password the system says it's sent us an email but we don't receive the email so we're a bit stuck. I tried to call Immi and was 120th in the queue! So just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if we should just set up a new account and apply on there?

I've just realised that 3 of our passports which were renewed last month haven't been updated with Immi. Can I use our old passport numbers which the visas are attached to to apply for citizenship and then submit a change of passport form online? Just thinking this would be easier than sending by post and waiting another couple of weeks!

It's just a nightmare as, if I could just log into our account I could have updated them on there today and then applied for citizenship tomorrow.

Grrr why is everything more difficult than it needs to be!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't answer all your questions, but do check your spam folder as emails from the department can be sent to it. 

Yeah, unfortunately it's not in Junk either. AkaSully2 had the same problem; Immi said it was to do with her password as they've updated the system. Sounds like there's a bug in the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing for it but to sit on the phone, I had to call them twice last year prior to applying for citizenship and I think both times took around 2.5 hours before I spoke to someone. When I did it was actually worth it as they were able to answer the questions I had for them.

Now we all have citizenship that all sounds like it was a small price to pay! Good luck with your applications it’s a good feeling when it comes through!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz