You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Abi6635

Skills visa partner on visa- not married

Me and my partner are applying for a skills visa. Both of us have wanted skills, my partner is the main person applying for the visa and I am going on his partner. We have been together for 6 years, we haven’t lived together and we don’t have a joint bank account. We currently live between our parents houses as we are saving to emigrate. We have evidence through photos, flight tickets, statements from friends. What is needed to ensure the visa will be granted? What else can we submit as evidence? Has anyone applied for a visa in a similar situation who could help?

thanks! 

You are in a relationship not in a defacto  relationship. If you've spent all these years saving to emigrate I'm baffled you haven't checked how you can actually do that as being boyfriend/girlfriend isn't enough  

I’m actually only 24 so I’ve been spending the last 5 years getting a degree, moving home, getting a job  to be able to save. So you don’t need to be baffled, we had a friend who had emigrated who said he used photos and statements. We wanted to check if this was enough after reading online you need more. 

It would be a good idea to run this past a migrant agent (there are several on here who seem excellent).  As you can see from the link snifter added you need to have lived together for at least a year.  Did the friend in question apply for the same visa and they never lived together?  Contact an agent, they will give you the answers you need, best of luck 

It may be worth speaking to a migration agent, but to be honest, I think it is unlikely you will be seen as a de facto. A de facto is a partnership that is effectively man and wife in all but the piece of paper (marriage cert). One of the tests is you have lived together for at least 12 months.