register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

strayadreams

Where have all the visa grants gone?!

Hi everyone,

So, I can't help but notice that October grants are well below the usual grant rate? I know September was a massive month (one of the trackers reporting as many as 270 PR grants in the month) much more than the usual, but so far in October less than a handful. Does anyone know why this might be? Even if you don't include September its still way below the average. I could make some assumptions about why but, if anyone has more experience or has some information that would be great!

• Like 1

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

4 hours ago, strayadreams said:

Hi everyone,

So, I can't help but notice that October grants are well below the usual grant rate? I know September was a massive month (one of the trackers reporting as many as 270 PR grants in the month) much more than the usual, but so far in October less than a handful. Does anyone know why this might be? Even if you don't include September its still way below the average. I could make some assumptions about why but, if anyone has more experience or has some information that would be great!

also wondering whats going on

• Like 1

15 hours ago, strayadreams said:

Hi everyone,

No idea! Jus dreaming that there is going to be  a rainfall of grants by the end of oct...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, strayadreams said:

Hi everyone,

Can you elaborate on what this Tracker is and how i can gain access to it?

AJSAJS

Details: LR, 1 Person, Direct Entry, Onshore, processing centre NSW, Occupation Project/Program Administrator

Application Submitted and Notification of Application received from DIBP on 05/12/2016

Application Status: Received ¬¬

11 Months waiting as of 30/10/2017

On 16/10/2017 at 10:10, strayadreams said:

Hi everyone,

Maybe the grants are just going to the vast majority of applicants who don't use things like trackers?

Oh I remember my time on the tracker like it was yesterday... Wondering how possibly anyone who applied after me got a visa grant first. Why was there a delay? Is there a problem with my application? In hindsight I just realised it took as long as it took and there was no point getting wound up by it, easier said than done!

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Can you elaborate on what this Tracker is and how i can gain access to it?

I suspect it's immitracker, just google it.

The sample of people on there is poor in my opinion so I personally don't use it. It can be helpful for a very loose guide on where EOI's are at or visa grants are but the forums fill that purpose close enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

There used to be a tracker in which you'd volunteer some details and add it into the tracker. When people received their visa grant they'd update it. Therefore it was a visual way of seeing when they applied and when they received their grant. You could see a basic trend and speed of grant from this. I used to enjoy watching the updates daily... But then querying why not me? When a visa was issued on the same day that I had applied!

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.