Travel to China on Partner 820 visa

pomade11

Hi all, 

I have just received an email from my companies' travel agent concerning Non Australian Citizens and travel from Oz to mainland China. As I am on a 820, word is there have been restrictions implemented that are now in place until 'mid November' before they are expected to be relaxed. Apparently as my visa has no finish date (or return visa date as described on the Chinese visa site) and just says "indefinite" until my 801 visa is granted - that is what they are worried about.  

Now this is a he said-she said scenario. This is coming from a company which sorts out Chinese visa's on behalf of my companies' travel agent. Talk about multiple middle men! 

So, I am assuming I have two options but would love to hear anyone else's advice please: 

1) Fly to England and fly back to China - guaranteed entry but potentially a 50 hour flight

2) Go into the Chinese visa processing center on Elizabeth ST myself and see if I can get a straight answer. 

Any help or experiences with the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

There are no questions on the China visa application about residency other than asking citizenship, so I don't know how your 820 visa would have any impact.  Getting a Chinese visa is quite simple so I wouldn't use an agent.  You fill in the application and take it plus the supporting documents (passport, passport photo, invitation letter and also helpful to have copy of itinerary, flights and hotel confirmation just in case) and submit the application in person.  A few days later you return to pick up your passport with the visa affixed in it.

My first visa for China I applied for at the Melbourne visa centre as a Canadian citizen, and my latest visa I applied for a month ago (now have Australian citizenship) as I just went there for business last week.