EOI subclass 190 NSW

Stuart16

On 14/06/2018 at 21:36, Pauline Mohammed said:

Thanks for that information it’s useful although it’s making me wonder even more so why I haven’t received an invite. I submitted my EOI on 17/01/18 60+5 points for registered nurse which has good occupation ceiling like electrician. 

Any insight as to why I haven’t received an invite would be appreciated 

Looks like the minimum invite points have been changed to 75:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/23-may-2018-invitation-round.aspx

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Yeah but there has been electricians with 60 points getting state nomination ? as I believe your link is for 189 visas only.

happy to be corrected if I wrong

They are still inviting carpenters with 55+5 as we submitted our EOI just before the invitations stopped for this financial year. Feedback from a contact in the department stated he has looked at our application and we should be invited in the next round for 190! I reckon electricians /nurses are the same. They have no date for when the invitations are going to open again but will be after June 30th. dont  know if this helps but thought I’d share what I know.

Not sure why you have not been invited I know a nurse last September who submitted EOI , got invited and got visa all within 5 weeks (189 with 65 points as far as I know! ) she was in Sydney. 

Edited by Ricmc
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ricmc said:

They are still inviting carpenters with 55+5 as we submitted our EOI just before the invitations stopped for this financial year. Feedback from a contact in the department stated he has looked at our application and we should be invited in the next round for 190! I reckon electricians /nurses are the same. They have no date for when the invitations are going to open again but will be after June 30th. dont  know if this helps but thought I’d share what I know.

Not sure why you have not been invited I know a nurse last September who submitted EOI , got invited and got visa all within 5 weeks (189 with 65 points as far as I know! ) she was in Sydney. 

Thanks for that

yes that’s what I’m thinking as an electrician got invited with 65 pints within weeks and as far as I know nurses and electricians are in the same boat as far as demand goes and occupational ceilings. Need to chase what’s going on

thanks for the information 

On 17/06/2018 at 10:32, Ricmc said:

Hello my dear 

which department you got feedback from saying he has seen your application???did u call them or email ?? Kindly share any info .. thank u 

On 13/10/2017 at 21:23, Stuart16 said:

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum, very interesting reading everyone's comments good and bad. I'm 34 and will be moving over with my wife and our young daughter, can't wait for a new adventure. 

Submitted my EOI carpenter subclass 190 today with 60 points. Received my IELTS score this morning, very frustrating as I could've done with the 20 points. My results were- 

Listening- 9

Reading- 9

Speaking - 8.5

Writing- 7.5 

So close yet so far, seriously annoying but anyway EOI submitted and I'll probably give them more money and sit it again. 

Are there any carpenters on here who have received an invite on 60 points recently? 

Thanks in advance. 

Twice my husband had is writing re marked and each time he scored higher . its £60 to have it remarked and its refunded if it goes up. Well worth a try 

• 1 year later...