190 EOI submitted early October 2017

20th October - NSW invite

30th October - submitted documents to NSW

22nd December - NSW sponsorship confirmed and 190 invite received 

16th Jan - submitted 190 visa application. We did the medical a few days later 

18th April - case officer asked for police certificates 

27th April - submitted police certificates 

7th June - visa granted

I think if we’d submitted the police certificates at the start we’d have got a direct grant in April. It was a question I asked on here at the time and some people advise against front loading everything in case you then don’t have much time to move. We aren’t in a huge rush so no issue, but for those who are it might be worth considering ...

Yes you’re probably just 6 weeks behind us. Fingers crossed!

Date of entry is by the end of January 2019 - basically the date of our medicals. 

Thank goodness we didn’t wait for a 189 invite! 

All very exciting now, but a bit scary too. Hope we’re doing the right thing!

not sure were that close behind you. our medicals can't be done until 4th July so way outside the 28day window so will delay us unfortunately.
I emailed the email address on our letter requesting documents explaining this but never heard back so panicking about what to do.
police clearance is done and form 80 so the medicals are holding us up.
so frustrating

Oh that’s a shame. Is there anywhere else you can get the medicals done? We got ours in Edinburgh and they had appointments available within a week ...

Otherwise surely they make allowances when you can’t get an appointment quickly? Perhaps you can upload your appointment booking details to the immiaccount or something so that you’ve put something there? 

I'm in Ireland and there is only 1 place in Dublin and 1 place in cork for the medicals. cork is a 4+ your drive and with 4 kids just wouldn't be doable.
Dublin are booked up. they told me immigration are aware of the backlog.

I emailed the letter of confirmation to them in my email explaining the delay so not sure do i press documents submitted or wait until medicals are done.

I'm just so glad all the paperwork is completely done now and I never have to fill in another form again eitherway now it's a yes or no!! keeping everything crossed now.

you guys must be delighted to be finally there. celebrations tonight for sure. are you guys moving straight away??

Ah that’s a shame Dublin are so busy. If immigration know then I’m sure it’ll be fine. The health check is sent online directly from the clinic to Australia, so you don’t need to upload it yourself. Or at least it was for us - maybe better check. So that’d suggest you could click submit once you’ve attached everything else they asked for within the 28 days. 

We’re looking at moving probably around October time. Need to sell our house before then (would’ve been doing that anyway as it’s too small for us). We’ve got a family member in Sydney who we can stay with initially and then we’ll take it from there. We kind of prefer the idea of being out of the city and finding a nice community and less expensive housing, but I guess it’ll depend where we can find jobs. Definitely lots of work in Sydney but also so expensive. What about you, assuming visa come through in next few months?

38 minutes ago, Steveq said:

They give when they want or the job is in demand some people wate months others weeks I got mine in 10 days approved in 3 days others have very different story's tho !!!! Really depends

Congrats for getting it so quick .. my occupation is motor mechanic with 55 points plus 5 of  state .. 

migration agent said they don’t issue any invitation in June .. so I did email nsw and they replied back there will be no further invitation until next program year .. what a waste of waiting for new program year 

Steveq ...can I ask if your nsw nomination was approved in June or May? I read your time line but I’m unsure was it 2/5 or 2/6 you applied?

Partner has 55+5 points Carpenter waiting on EOI (9 business days so far!). It’s high in demand in nsw so we were hoping for a quick turnaround going by others experiences but now reading nsw are not issuing any more invites for June is alarming.

Thanks for sharing your timeline. 

5 hours ago, Ricmc said:

Steveq ...can I ask if your nsw nomination was approved in June or May? I read your time line but I’m unsure was it 2/5 or 2/6 you applied?

Partner has 55+5 points Carpenter waiting on EOI (9 business days so far!). It’s high in demand in nsw so we were hoping for a quick turnaround going by others experiences but now reading nsw are not issuing any more invites for June is alarming.

Thanks for sharing your timeline. 

Hey dear 

we are in same situation as u .. applied eoi on 1 June for nsw .. they are not issuing any invitation until July ..

this is the email I got after inquiring 

We are coming to the end of the program year so it is unlikely that there will be another invitation round this program year.

Kind regards

Business and Skilled Migration

NSW Department of Industry Industry Development 

Skills and Economic Development Divisio

2 hours ago, Waris said:

Hey dear 

we are in same situation as u .. applied eoi on 1 June for nsw .. they are not issuing any invitation until July ..

this is the email I got after inquiring 

We are coming to the end of the program year so it is unlikely that there will be another invitation round this program year.

Kind regards

Business and Skilled Migration

NSW Department of Industry Industry Development 

Skills and Economic Development Divisio

Thanks Waris,

That’s not good news. Back to sponsorship route I guess for us then, as our visa expires in July. 

Fingers crossed they do another invitation round before the end of program year and we’re all invited!! ?

I've spent thousands on all this over the years this is the final road hopefully can't believe how quickly it's happening. Some people I know are stuck months with there eoi. Just depends on your job , Electrician has the highest amount of places of any job according to there web page over 9000 only 52 was taken up something like that 

4 hours ago, Steveq said:

I've spent thousands on all this over the years this is the final road hopefully can't believe how quickly it's happening. Some people I know are stuck months with there eoi. Just depends on your job , Electrician has the highest amount of places of any job according to there web page over 9000 only 52 was taken up something like that 

You deserve it so enjoy the feeling , it feels like a never ending battle lately with visa stuff!

I need to look up carpenters I read someplace they have a huge quote but only filled a small amount however I don’t know if I am reading the correct info! 

Yeah every time we speak to companies in Sydney recently they talk about how hard it is to find tradesmen particularly electricians and carpenters. A lot of them are sponsoring too.

We had a PR application started two months ago through our employer in WA but it fell through last minute! Been here 5 years so same as you it’s our final chance I think! Am feeling so over visas allergic! 

4 hours ago, Steveq said:

Can you direct me to where the info is on electricians having the largest amount of places? Would like to see if I can find similar for carpenters! 

Thanks again for your help and feedback. 

Hi, I have submitted my EOI on 7th June 2018 with 60 points+5 for state nomination. My ANZSCO code is 224712: Organisation and Methods Analyst. I don't know current demand for this skill, but I am hoping that I would receive invite soon. I am also considering to write PTE test once again, aiming for 79 score in each section, which will add on 10 more points. Please provide your thoughts and guidance.

Thanks and regards,

Sreekanth

On 12/06/2018 at 10:08, Steveq said:

https://gettingdownunder.com/australian-2017-2018-occupation-ceiling/

So it's for the 189 list but gives u an idea of demands of trades

Screenshot_2018-06-12-19-07-41-03.png

Thanks for that information it’s useful although it’s making me wonder even more so why I haven’t received an invite. I submitted my EOI on 17/01/18 60+5 points for registered nurse which has good occupation ceiling like electrician. 

Any insight as to why I haven’t received an invite would be appreciated