EOI subclass 190 NSW

Stuart16

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum, very interesting reading everyone's comments good and bad. I'm 34 and will be moving over with my wife and our young daughter, can't wait for a new adventure. 

Submitted my EOI carpenter subclass 190 today with 60 points. Received my IELTS score this morning, very frustrating as I could've done with the 20 points. My results were- 

Listening- 9

Reading- 9

Speaking - 8.5

Writing- 7.5 

So close yet so far, seriously annoying but anyway EOI submitted and I'll probably give them more money and sit it again. 

Are there any carpenters on here who have received an invite on 60 points recently? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello Stuart,

As I am sure you know DIBP are currently only inviting EOI's with 65 points for SC189 visas - although they it seems they have almost cleared their backlog and the invite mark may reduce to 60 points in the near future.  In light of this (if you can manage 60 points with out state sponsorship)  I would recommend you apply for both a SC189 and SC190 in your EOI as there is no downside to this. 

NSW invite people to apply for state sponsorship by points score so it is unlikely you will be invited with 60/65 points.  South Australia are currently sponsoring your occupation and their process does not rely on a higher points score so I would recommend you consider them as an option.

Of course your other option is to re-sit IELTS or try the PTE ACADEMIC test which many find easier.

I hope this helps.

Regards

• Like 1

That's really unlucky mate. I missed out by 0.5 twice before getting 8s. I think you should still get the visa with 60 points, it will just take longer. I guess resitting the ielts depends on how soon you'd like to move out. 

Im currently in a possition where I'm ready to lodge my expression of interest. I was hoping to be able to do it without an agent. Have you got any advice on this? 

Thanks. 

Jack, 

Hi SD_MOA, 

Thanks for your message. 

Unfortunately I don't have the 60 points without state sponsorship, if I had the extra half mark on the IELTS then I would of been fine to apply for both ! ? 

I looked into SA as well, but due to starting a new job just over 2 years ago I miss out on the required work experience by a few months which is again frustrating. 

The only way I can get additional points now is to resit the English test! ? 

Jack, 

Good work on getting the 8's, reckon I'll need to re-sit or face a long wait. 

I've used an agent to assist with everything, costs a few quid but I feel it takes a bit of pressure of when lodging all the info and making sure everything is in place. Mine has been extremely helpful throughout, happy to pass on details if you want? 

Cheers 

Stuart 

Stuart.

thanks for the reply. I think I might just night the bullet and invest In an agent. 

I'm sure looking at your results then you're more than capable of getting 8's. Just get plenty of practice. I used a lot of practice papers and free tutorials on YouTube. 

Or you could work the extra couple of months and add them in I guess. 

Hi All, 

Some good news on Friday morning, invite received from NSW for my 190 PR visa with 60 points, one week after submitting my EOI. 

Slightly surprised as I thought we were in for a long wait after reading through the forum!! Delighted I don't need to re sit the IELTS test though. 

Looks like we will need to start getting organised quicker than expected, so exciting times ahead. 

Submitted 190 visa with 60 points general electrician yesterday. Hoping to get an invite soon.
Long story short I overclaimed work experience in 189 so only have 55 points so 190 is my only option until Feb 18.
Keeping everything crossed I'm as lucky as u

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice one, well done Stuart. I got 190 invite from NSW on Friday morning too with 65 points. Construction Project Manager. I also only submitted recently after having no luck waiting for 189 with 60 points.  Think construction workers must be high on the NSW priorities list perhaps. Gives some hope for non pro rata occupations waiting on 189s with 60 points. Hopefully you’ll get an invite soon too Reubs. 

On 18/10/2017 at 02:44, SD_MOA said:

Hello Stuart,

As I am sure you know DIBP are currently only inviting EOI's with 65 points for SC189 visas - although they it seems they have almost cleared their backlog and the invite mark may reduce to 60 points in the near future.  In light of this (if you can manage 60 points with out state sponsorship)  I would recommend you apply for both a SC189 and SC190 in your EOI as there is no downside to this. 

NSW invite people to apply for state sponsorship by points score so it is unlikely you will be invited with 60/65 points.  South Australia are currently sponsoring your occupation and their process does not rely on a higher points score so I would recommend you consider them as an option.

Of course your other option is to re-sit IELTS or try the PTE ACADEMIC test which many find easier.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Maybe unlikely but still very possible. I submitted 190 NSW 6th Oct and invited 19th Oct on 65pts-with state nomination. 

On 10/14/2017 at 07:23, Stuart16 said:

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum, very interesting reading everyone's comments good and bad. I'm 34 and will be moving over with my wife and our young daughter, can't wait for a new adventure. 

Submitted my EOI carpenter subclass 190 today with 60 points. Received my IELTS score this morning, very frustrating as I could've done with the 20 points. My results were- 

Listening- 9

Reading- 9

Speaking - 8.5

Writing- 7.5 

So close yet so far, seriously annoying but anyway EOI submitted and I'll probably give them more money and sit it again. 

Are there any carpenters on here who have received an invite on 60 points recently? 

Thanks in advance. 

Why don't you try PTE Academic much easier than IELTS....

Hi Dean, 

I had the same response from NSW, same points as you and received my invite after a week. 

I've since sat the PTE English test and passed all that, went in with zero expectations and no practice-  R 89, L 90, S 89, W 81.  

This gives me superior English score now so I've also submitted for my 189 now with 65 points. ?

Processing time is the big thing now, but things seem to be moving. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Reubs, congrats, that’s great! I submitted our application the day before yesterday - pockets £4200 lighter but it felt good! Still need to attach all the documents, should get time to do that tomorrow. Are you ready to submit quite soon?